Quest V80 News

Maybe we should ask do they know when the next shipment will be in .

I believe out of stock and never had any is saying the same.

Please let us know if they ever have them in stock. I’m willing to take one around the block a few times. Who knows it could be the best thing that ever happened to me.

Chuck 

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Please let us know if they ever have them in stock. I’m willing to take one around the block a few times. Who knows it could be the best thing that ever happened to me.

Chuck 

Chuck - are you following the gist of this thread? There is not going to be any next shipment or V80 stock in the US as Quest has decided not to sell them on US soil.

Yes Chase I’d seen that already about not selling in the US and that’s why I made the statement on second line of my post. I guess I should have said and never will have any. haha  

Happy Father’s Day Chase.

Chuck 

On 6/12/2023 at 8:56 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Chuck 

Well you ask for confirmation from Serious detecting Chuck and so I called and Serious stated the same things I had already been told by three other dealers No V 80 or V60 will come to the U.S but one thing they also stated in a phone conversation there is a possibility later on down the road, Quest may bring them to the U.S but as of wright now everything is on hold with those two detectors coming to the U.S, and yes rite now it is only the U.S.

Well if minelab is sue happy with xp and nokta then why don't fisher step up and sue minelab?

If I remember right they were the real first dual freq unit with the cz5.....then whites hit the scene with the v3i and Garrett bought their rights and old stock.

I don't get it. It is just a metal detector.

However nokta legends frequencies are very similar to the equinox......it should have been a different span of frequencies

18 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Well if minelab is sue happy with xp and nokta then why don't fisher step up and sue minelab?

If I remember right they were the real first dual freq unit with the cz5.....then whites hit the scene with the v3i and Garrett bought their rights and old stock.

However nokta legends frequencies are very similar to the equinox......it should have been a different span of frequencies

Those are good questions and observations 🙂

Wasn't it whites that first released an SMF detector? Although, it wouldn't matter who released it first. It would matter who patented it first.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Minelab sued XP and Nokta due to actual frequencies. I would think the lawsuit would be in direct regard to the SMF technology in of itself. Although if that were true, wouldn't their patent have expired before the release of the Legend and the D2?

39 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Look at the second and eighth posts in this topic for sure:

On 6/14/2023 at 12:33 PM, DSMITH said:

Well you ask for confirmation from Serious detecting Chuck and so I called and Serious stated the same things I had already been told by three other dealers No V 80 or V60 will come to the U.S but one thing they also stated in a phone conversation there is a possibility later on down the road, Quest may bring them to the U.S but as of wright now everything is on hold with those two detectors coming to the U.S, and yes rite now it is only the U.S.

Thanks for calling Serious Detecting. At least their answer was not a forever NO.

Maybe there will be a V80 in my future someday.

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Thanks for calling Serious Detecting. At least their answer was not a forever NO.

Maybe there will be a V80 in my future someday.

No problem Jeff, I am not one to just sit back on my thumbs,I have to have an answer regardless whether I like that answer or not, Serious never said that the V80 and V60 would eventually hit the U.S Market but they did kind of hint that there was a possibility down the road that us in the U.S might eventually see them here (Here is Hoping) LOL, they also said they have been talking to Quest about the V60 and V80, so we shall see

one thing I am also curious about, Quest is going to be sending the Q35 to the U.S for sale, so are they not worried about it also, this whole thing makes no sense to me they will bring a selectable single frequency detector, but not their Multi Frequency version to the U.S Market what is the differences are they still not opening themselves up to possible litigation with the Q35, (AND i AM NOT SAYING THERE ARE ANY LEGAL ISSUES), just what would be the difference