The Manticore Update By Albert Einstein...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

After 3 failed attempts, the Manticore itself updated.

After downloading the Ml 105 update to three different computers (multiple times each), and trying 4 different cables and jiggling the hell out of those cables to get a connection, I finally succeeded in getting the INSTALL prompt.  First attempt-the prompt disappeared.  The second attempt-it got to 1%.  Third attempt-it got to 2%  (hey, at least it was headway!!!)  Fourth attempt-it made it all the way to 13%.  Fifth attempt-it made it to 22%.  Sixth attempt-it made it all the to 100%!!!  I don't give up easily but was awfully close on this one.  I think I was holding my breath the whole time on the sixth attempt.  When I say "attempt", I am referring only to the times that I got an INSTALL prompt.  In all, probably close to 50 tries on downloads, cable connection attempts, and the all important "jiggling" of the USB connectors.  

If at first you don't succeed-jiggle the hell out of the USB and expect different results.  

(This is a true story and probably under embellished if anything.) 

Wonder how much of it was the computers fault and nothing to do with the update or detector, A breeze for me, both headphones and detector updated in about 5 mins, it took me longer to find my headphones than do the updates, I'd never used them, probably never will.

You're lucky it wasn't a Legend, a failed update bricks the detector, Minelab's firmware is different, unusual really, flashing failing is normally very bad news, Minelab have done a great thing with their firmware, it's more software being copied on than firmware being flashed which is so much safer.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:17 PM, cuniagau said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

After 3 failed attempts, the Manticore itself updated.

After downloading the Ml 105 update to three different computers (multiple times each), and trying 4 different cables and jiggling the hell out of those cables to get a connection, I finally succeeded in getting the INSTALL prompt.  First attempt-the prompt disappeared.  The second attempt-it got to 1%.  Third attempt-it got to 2%  (hey, at least it was headway!!!)  Fourth attempt-it made it all the way to 13%.  Fifth attempt-it made it to 22%.  Sixth attempt-it made it all the to 100%!!!  I don't give up easily but was awfully close on this one.  I think I was holding my breath the whole time on the sixth attempt.  When I say "attempt", I am referring only to the times that I got an INSTALL prompt.  In all, probably close to 50 tries on downloads, cable connection attempts, and the all important "jiggling" of the USB connectors.  

If at first you don't succeed-jiggle the hell out of the USB and expect different results.  

(This is a true story and probably under embellished if anything.) 

It's all in the jiggle...

cjc

On 6/17/2023 at 2:04 AM, phrunt said:

Wonder how much of it was the computers fault and nothing to do with the update or detector, A breeze for me, both headphones and detector updated in about 5 mins, it took me longer to find my headphones than do the updates, I'd never used them, probably never will.

You're lucky it wasn't a Legend, a failed update bricks the detector, Minelab's firmware is different, unusual really, flashing failing is normally very bad news, Minelab have done a great thing with their firmware, it's more software being copied on than firmware being flashed which is so much safer.

good software resting on  dodgey interface surfaces...😆