6" Concentric For 24K Finally Available

On 7/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, Cascade Steven said:

Steve:  you mentioned that Garrett did a total remake on the 6" coil.   I am curious what the "remake" entails, if that information is available and can be shared publicly?  I am also curious if anyone has had the opportunity or plans to compare the in-field real-world performance between the White's 6" coil and the Garrett 6" coil.  Just intellectual curiosity. 

Whites coils were basically handmade with rather high variability and failure rates. Garrett had to rework the coils to get more consistent quality production using their own manufacturing facilities. What the details are of that I don’t know. There is no performance difference in the final product you would notice - I was the guy that confirmed that, since I have a White’s coil, and double checked the Garrett coil for them. The only difference I can tell is one is white and the other black. I’ll probably sell the Whites one I have now as no reason to have two, and I like the look of the black one better on my machine.

garrett-goldmaster-24k-6-concentric-search-coil.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Yes Steve, thanks for the post on no difference in the White's 6", and the Garrett 6" concentric coils for the 24K.  I have the Whites and love the way it works. So your post saved me some money since I've been wondering if the Garrett 6" would be any better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 11:30 AM, phrunt said:

I'm so glad they're including coil covers,

Just received delivery of a new Garrett Goldmaster 24K two coil package (USA) with the 6 “ concentric coil with coil cover and the 10x6 DD coil without a coil cover. Before I start scrubbing the 10x6 coil in the dirt, does Garrett normally supplied a 10x6 coil cover with their 24K packaging? Contacted the dealer but I do not expect a reply until after the 4th weekend.

6 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Just received delivery of a new Garrett Goldmaster 24K two coil package (USA) with the 6 “ concentric coil with coil cover and the 10x6 DD coil without a coil cover. Before I start scrubbing the 10x6 coil in the dirt, does Garrett normally supplied a 10x6 coil cover with their 24K packaging? Contacted the dealer but I do not expect a reply until after the 4th weekend.

Nope, they don't supply one with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HardPack said:

My 24K 10x6 came with the coil cover, you might want to check the Garrett web site and see if it states coil cover included

But as I said mine did include the coil cover for the 6x10 elliptical coil

This is from the Garrett Web Site, that is if you purchase the 6x10 coil only, but I would think if you purchased the 24K which comes with the 6x10 it would also include the coil cover 

PN: 2224400
6" x 10” Goldmaster 24K DD Coil
COIL COVER INCLUDED with purchase

as I stated I would contact Garrett and ask them if the coil cover should have come with your 24K

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSMITH said:

as I stated I would contact Garrett and ask them if the coil cover should have come with your 24K

I sent Garrett an email via their website. Garrett Direct does not offer a separate 24K protective coil cover for the 24K 10x6 DD coil. I checked the start guide and online manual but so far have not found a list of items to be included with the 24K MD purchase. Very strange.

• Like 1

The detector didn't come with it, but I bought one separately.