Field Of Dreams ( Wood Of Soaked Through On This Hunt) 1863 Civil War Token

Rained me out of work close to the f.o.d. so I manned up and went swinging! Wooded area super thick but never explored by me. Super hot alabama humid and rain led to complete run through of h20 and my everything. Had a rain coat but upon putting it on realized sweat and rain do the same so wore the hood to protect my ws6 and tied arms around my chest! Lol 😆  haven't swung 1.1 much except 1 baby outing so kept filters high so nail bit didn't cause me to fight a tree or worse! Happy with results and bc really can help with flat rusted tin like stuff ( usually run it 2,3 but less then 5 those things sound amazing). Happy 4th fellas be safe

20230702_233845.jpg

20230702_212600.jpg

20230702_212404.jpg

20230702_212411.jpg

20230702_212425.jpg

20230702_212444.jpg

20230702_233845.jpg

20230702_233935.jpg

Some nice relics.

You had a decent outing....The token looks to be in very good dug condition for me that's a day maker.The brass or possibly copper item with the nice patina in the last photo is intriguing any idea what it might be?

1 minute ago, Doc Bach said:

You had a decent outing....The token looks to be in very good dug condition for me that's a day maker.The brass or possibly copper item with the nice patina in the last photo is intriguing any idea what it might be?

I do not have a clue tbh. I was hoping someone would though. It has a place for a pin and I kept it thinking it was different. Yeah the token was a 2cent piece for 3 hours while dirty and pocketed lol 😆 pleasant surprise and more personal imo to the Wisconsin soldiers who garrisoned the place.

27 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I do not have a clue tbh. I was hoping someone would though. It has a place for a pin and I kept it thinking it was different. Yeah the token was a 2cent piece for 3 hours while dirty and pocketed lol 😆 pleasant surprise and more personal imo to the Wisconsin soldiers who garrisoned the place.

I hope that I am not being out of line here by offering you some friendly but clearly unsolicited advice.But be careful with the tokens that you find because even in dug condition some of the rare or unlisted ones can command and are easily sold for enough money to pay for your D2 with all of the current accessories.

6 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

I hope that I am not being out of line here by offering you some friendly but clearly unsolicited advice.But be careful with the tokens that you find because even in dug condition some of the rare or unlisted ones can command and are easily sold for enough money to pay for your D2 with all of the current accessories.

Not at all out of line doc! With all my finds I make a business decision to clean for me or be gentle for value ( silver if found or old coinage doesn't get the brush,never considered the token as same but should) later on in my kids lives! I'm not interested in value tbh. It makes some things cooler or more prestigious for sure and I'll look at tokens as coins from now on! Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Oh speaking of unlisted I dug a good for 5 Smith community exchange smith ky I cannot find anywhr.. if anyone knows please let me in on it

20230629_015334.jpg

VideoCapture_20230629-015252.jpg

20230629_014927.jpg

There should be a Token collectors society in your state or a town or city nearby.Keep in mind that it's a serious hobby now and they have a professional grading system for them just like coinage.

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

There should be a Token collectors society in your state or a town or city nearby.Keep in mind that it's a serious hobby now and they have a professional grading system for them just like coinage.

Maybe in knoxville but that's hour n half away. Nothing but poverty and beautiful country near me! Lol I'm on the road mostly though so I do most likely travel through or by a place that would know! Of course I found the aluminum smith token at home,smith is directly across the mtn! Still pretty cool and I'd guess early 1900's and site I found toughest damn site ever. 1 day I found 4 gardners and I've researched the cw to this spot too. Anyway this day was 50th day on site and I dig mostly big iron and nail bits as they are thick and thick may be understatement tbh. I'll keep plugging away though 

4 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Obverse,didn't see that I failed getting it up

20230703_212230.jpg