Can You Pair One Set Of Headphones With 2 XP Deus II S

cookie58

I have one pair of grey ghost headphones with the WS6 puck. Can I pair these with 2 different XP Deus II s. I purchased an extra XP Deus 2 on one of these forums with only the controller, shaft, and coil to use it with v7.1 . I use my original one with the v 1.1 . I appreciate any answers. Thanks, very much.

You can pair the WS6 to both D2s, but you might need to update the V0.71 remote to V1.1 for it to work correctly, assuming you updated your WS6 to V1.1 also. I don't know for sure if it would cause a problem or not because I haven't tried to pair the WS6 on two remotes with different software versions. I don't think it would hurt anything to try it. 

I wanted to have the unit I bought on V 7.1 which it is V 1.0 now. I have my other unit on V 1.1 and the WS6 is on V 1.1. Sounds complicated but I liked the V 7.1 but I still wanted to play around with V 1.1. I didnt want to buy another WS6 puck. Thanks, man. I hope I explained it the right way.

Yep, I got it. I believe your WS6 with V1.1 will work with the V1.0 remote, or at least I've heard something to that effect.

Also, you can still roll back either remote to V0.71 and try the WS6 with V1.1 to see if it will work. It may, because in slave mode, the WS6 should just be sending and receiving audio, which should still be the same across all the software versions.

I don't know if anyone else here has tried that, but it seems like it should work in theory.

20 hours ago, cookie58 said:

I wanted to have the unit I bought on V 7.1 which it is V 1.0 now. I have my other unit on V 1.1 and the WS6 is on V 1.1. Sounds complicated but I liked the V 7.1 but I still wanted to play around with V 1.1. I didnt want to buy another WS6 puck. Thanks, man. I hope I explained it the right way.

BTW - You don't have to buy another WS6. You can get a pair of WSA II wireless puck/phones.  Sort of the "dumb" version of the WS6 with wireless audio only (but also with the auto on feature when you power up the remote).  They are considerably less expensive than the WS6. 

Note for others lurking: The WSA II approach can also allow you to have the remote at ver 1.1 (or 0.71) and the WS6 in Master Mode at 0.71 (or 1.1).  The WSA II could have potentially  been shared between them or you could have picked up a second WSA II or a WSA II XL and a second coil/shaft/stem to give you two independent Deus 2 setups (Deus 2 Remote + WSA II and Deus 2 WS6 Master + 2nd WSA II or WSA XL).  Which is stil a few hundred dollars cheaper than two Full Up Deus 2 detectors. FWIW 

Cost Comparison (List):

Full Up Deus 2 = $1449

Deus 2 Remote = $749

WS6 = $349

WSA II XL = $199

WSA II = $149

Deus 2 Coil + Rod = $399 (same price regardless of Coil Size)

Deus 2 Stem = $189

Deus Stem = $149

Orx "Lite" Stem = $99

WSA II + Stem + Coil/Rod  = $149 + $99 + $399 = $647 (utilize WS6 Master from Original Deus 2) and you have two Deus 2 detectors  for about $2247 vice $3000.

Other combos for reference:

WS6 Master Rig (WS6 + Stem and Coil and charging components) =$799

WS6 Master Rig with WSA II Phones = $948

Used D2 Remote + WSA II XL Phones + Coil/Rod/Stem = $800

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Also, you can still roll back either remote to V0.71 and try the WS6 with V1.1 to see if it will work. It may, because in slave mode, the WS6 should just be sending and receiving audio, which should still be the same across all the software versions.

I don't know if anyone else here has tried that, but it seems like it should work in theory.

Gary Black posted that its "good housekeeping" to keep the headphones at the same version level as the remote although there was anecdotal evidence that version 1.0 phones connected to a remote that was at ver 1.1.  So I can't honestly say whether ver 1.1 phones can be paired with a remote that is at less than ver 1.0.   It is worth noting that there must be more to the Update for the WS6 that applies beyond just the Master Mode changes as the WSA II and WSA II XL phones (which are basically like a dumb WS6 locked in slave mode) also have ver 1.1 updates.

Thanks fellas for the information. I have changed the unit I bought from V 1.0 back to V 7.1 and also the WS6 to V 7.1 . However, before I changed it I checked the WS6 that was on V 1.1 at the time  and it will work with the V 1.0 unit I bought. Thanks, again.  

On 7/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, Chase Goldman said:

The WSA II approach can also allow you to have the remote at ver 1.1 (or 0.71) and the WS6 in Master Mode at 0.71

This is exactly the setup I currently use.  I share the WSA II between the remote at v1.1 and the WS6 v.71 in master mode.