Polish Pi Metal Detector

Friends, today I was doing research on pulse induction detectors and came across this article. Saying that the Polish pi is a pulse induction detector.

"One of the best known metal detectors is the Polish PI, PI because metal detection technology is based on pulse inductance or pulse induction. Polish must be from the fact that the breeder is from Poland! Detectors with PI technology do not have metal discrimination, that is, it detects anything in the same way, be it a nail, a silver cord or a gold ring, despite this disadvantage this system is the best for metal detector for nuggets of gold. gold.

Advantages of the PI Metal Detector

In mineralized ground it is better than other metal detector technologies.
They reach a greater depth in mineralized areas.
It uses only one coil, only PI detectors have this system, they can be more sensitive to small gold nuggets than other detectors."

blog.novaeletronica.com.br/pi-polones-construa-seu-detector-de-metal/

I really want to know if this Polish PI is a pulse induction detector, the same one used in GPX among others from minelab that cost a fortune. Because they say it's better than VLF equipment and handles mineralized soil better than VLF.

That article (plog?) appears to be in Portuguese.  Interesting that they show a schematic although maybe it's a low level version -- something that doesn't have enough info to easily allow counterfeiting.

@Shelton might know something about this given his location, and @Steve Herschbach knows about every brand of gold detector ever made so possibly he will reply.

Maybe some Nowak device I need to show. But don't expect miracles anyway...

18 hours ago, Joel - cacadordereliquia said:

I really want to know if this Polish PI is a pulse induction detector, the same one used in GPX among others from minelab that cost a fortune. Because they say it's better than VLF equipment and handles mineralized soil better than VLF.

It's a very basic PI detector, meant as a simple do-it-yourself construction project. It's on the level of the Surfmaster PI or Sandshark, and no where even close to a Minelab PI. It has no ground balance so would be a poor choice for prospecting.