Another Last Minute Save

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

I'd have to remind myself to breathe if I saw that shiny in my scoop !😎

Finding gold at night definitely has a different vibe than in natural daylight. At night I don't usually get that instant gratification of seeing gold in the scoop but the feeling is often a bit more magical and surreal. The downside is that it is so much easier to get fooled at night when costume jewelry can look so good.

• Like 1

Well done on the finding.  I know a beach they want you to stay off of because they groom it at night.  They would let me stay down near the water so I was ok with that.  They had some night surfers they let use the beach also.

The last couple of sunsets with the waves very small I've been fishing catching yellowfin croaker and I've caught my first couple of perch.  

• Like 2

Most of the good spots are hit first by most people, if they did it good then there is not much left. At this point you have to try the other areas to get on least detected ground. That why you are getting your good targets after you have done the hot spots. 

• Like 1

That picture looks like 2 rings that were soldered together to me, so I would say that you got 2 rings instead of just one.

I have seen where the engagement ring has been soldered to the wedding band and they look just like that.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done on the finding.  I know a beach they want you to stay off of because they groom it at night.  They would let me stay down near the water so I was ok with that.  They had some night surfers they let use the beach also.

The last couple of sunsets with the waves very small I've been fishing catching yellowfin croaker and I've caught my first couple of perch.  

Thanks M, It's always good to know the rules of a particular beach. I'm the world's worst fisherman but I think it's great that you have a backup plan when the detecting is slow.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Most of the good spots are hit first by most people, if they did it good then there is not much left. At this point you have to try the other areas to get on least detected ground. That why you are getting your good targets after you have done the hot spots. 

One of my favorite sayings is:        "The early bird catches the worm but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese."                                            I try to be the early bird but sometimes I wind up being mouse #2. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

That picture looks like 2 rings that were soldered together to me, so I would say that you got 2 rings instead of just one.

I have seen where the engagement ring has been soldered to the wedding band and they look just like that.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks VL, Good observation and you are spot on. The engagement and wedding ring are soldered together and whoever did the work did a great job. Yes, I was wondering the same thing - does this find count as 2 rings or 1? 😄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Compass said:

The engagement and wedding ring are soldered together and whoever did the work did a great job. Yes, I was wondering the same thing - does this find count as 2 rings or 1? 😄

That should only count as 1 1/2 rings only because they were soldered together.

Good luck on your next hunt and maybe you can find the matching earrings.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1