D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

On 9/7/2023 at 10:06 PM, Chase Goldman said:

I too am interested in what you find with 2.0, Jeff.  I likely won't update unless Jeff sees a significant sensitivity improvement because I am not excited about reprogramming my remote and also am not planning on getting the Xtereme Hunter.

Furthermore, enthusiasm still needs to be tempered, because unless this update makes the D2 9" round coil outperform the Deus 1 5x9.5" elliptical in micro gold sensitivity (a big ask), you are still limited in micro-target sensitivity by the field generated by the D2's 9" round coil footprint.  I also have my doubts that they can significantly improve on micro gold sensitivity without either: 1) going to a higher max multifrequency frequency (FMF) (i.e., greater than 40 khz) on Goldfield; (2) adding high mono-frequency capability to Goldfield; or both.  Not clear either of those modifications to Goldfield features are included in this update.

But I absolutely have no problem being proven wrong on this and am glad XP is acknowledging and continuing to address this area where D2's performance is coming up short.  It's also worth noting that ML is able to outperform XP on small gold with the Nox operating at 40 khz Max FMF (at least we think its 40 khz, ML has never publicly specified their Max Multi-IQ frequencies).

The Nox 800 max is around 39-40kHz I measured it!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Mylab said:

The Nox 800 max is around 39-40kHz I measured it!!

Don't forget that the 40kHz transmitted signal will have a reasonably strong 3rd harmonic component at 120kHz - so the Nox is actually transmitting signals at 40kHz and 120kHz (plus a little at the fifth harmonic of 200kHz!).

I strongly suspect that the Nox only analyzes the return signal up to about 40kHz though, but only MineLab know for sure!