D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

On 9/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

The #9 Relic stock program running at 24 kHz does not appear to have been changed from V1.10 to V2.0. The air test results in the above test are very similar to version 1.10 FMF Goldfield on the smaller sub gram targets, especially the very fast drop off of the audible responses on the #6 lead shot and the 0.25 gram flat lead targets. The audio response goes from clearly audible to nothing almost immediately which is what FMF Goldfield used to do using V1.10 and earlier software. The decrease in audio response on repeatable 2 way hits using V2.0 FMF Goldfield is now very linear and gradual which is what I expect from a good small gold nugget prospecting detector.

As I think about it some more, I think it's a good thing there is some differentiation in the way Goldfield and Relic behave in this regard for the reasons you mentioned earlier regarding suppressing a certain TID range in iron which can be advantageous from an audio fatigue standpoint.  No need to have two identically behaving stock programs taking up memory space.  This gives you additional options for search modes and target interrogation. I'm in on the update.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my WS6 Master out for some beach fun with V2.0 today, my beach program acted a little differently. Could be conditions but magnetic reject/accept, which quieted the black sand and possibly other materials in the water now makes no difference in either setting, and the detector now makes a lot more noise in the water using Beach sensitive, showing a sporadic 26. 🤬 It was quiet on the dry beach as usual. 

20230911_104211.jpg

Pinpoint is working properly as far as I can tell in all modes using the main remote.

Pinpoint is not working using General, Relic, Diving, Beach and Beach Sensitive using the WS6 as Master. It works in the other modes as far as I can tell.

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Pinpoint is working properly as far as I can tell in all modes using the main remote.

Pinpoint is not working using General, Relic, Diving, Beach and Beach Sensitive using the WS6 as Master. It works in the other modes as far as I can tell.

It didn't work on WS6 Master in V1.1 either in Beach Sensitive. Just thought it was my waveguide. 😏 You get the graphic but no sound.

Guess we're going to see V2.1 soon!

33 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It didn't work on WS6 Master in V1.1 either in Beach Sensitive. Just thought it was my waveguide. 😏 You get the graphic but no sound.

Guess we're going to see V2.1 soon!

I haven't used my Deus 2 with the WS6 as Master since v0.71 except for gold prospecting in the Mono mode so I am out of touch with some of it's quirks and bugs since V1.11. 

Thanks for adding that pinpoint wasn't working using some of the programs in V1.11 either. 

It took XP almost 2 years to straighten out some of the missing WS6 features and the lack of sensitivity in Goldfield. They definitely still have more work to do to improve Deus 2 apparently. 

By the way, I picked up a 13X11" coil based on your recommendations F350Platinum. I've been over small areas at two sites since getting it that I had hit hard with the 9" coil. Three  9+" deep silver US dimes already in two short hunts. It hasn't injured me yet!!!!!  Thanks😃

20 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

By the way, I picked up a 13X11" coil based on your recommendations F350Platinum. I've been over small areas at two sites since getting it that I had hit hard with the 9" coil. Three  9+" deep silver US dimes already in two short hunts. It hasn't injured me yet!!!!!  Thanks😃

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jeff. 🙂 I'm surprised at the separation I see with it even at lower reactivity, yeah it may not be great in a stubble field but it's pretty awesome everywhere else and hits insanely deep on dimes and quarters on the beach with little to no change in ID.

I've been saying all along the D2 with SteveG's shaft and the 13" is lighter than a Nox 600 with a 10x5. 🤣

Just curious, what IDs did you get on your dimes? I usually get 88-90 even on the really deep ones (clad)

12 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jeff. 🙂 I'm surprised at the separation I see with it even at lower reactivity, yeah it may not be great in a stubble field but it's pretty awesome everywhere else and hits insanely deep on dimes and quarters on the beach with little to no change in ID.

I've been saying all along the D2 with SteveG's shaft and the 13" is lighter than a Nox 600 with a 10x5. 🤣

Just curious, what IDs did you get on your dimes? I usually get 88-90 even on the really deep ones (clad)

With the iron mineralization here the IDs on these three deep dimes were 88 to 96 with a bit of audio degradation running audio response at 4 and reactivity at 2. I had my Legend with me too and it had similar slightly spread out VDIs on two of the three with no response on the third one using its 11" coil probably because that third one was on edge. I did lots of testing with the Equinox 900 at these areas and by comparison it had target IDs of 68 to 99 on 4" deep dimes..........I can only imagine what its IDs would have been on these much deeper ones.

Sorry to hijack this Deus 2 V2.0 update/WS6 Master pinpoint issue topic.

Well starting to sound like it's better to hold off on the V 2 update. Beach hunting is just around to corner for me and if the beach programs aren't working like they did in 1.11, then no sense in updating. Hope they get a fix soon.

17 minutes ago, abenson said:

Well starting to sound like it's better to hold off on the V 2 update. Beach hunting is just around to corner for me and if the beach programs aren't working like they did in 1.11, then no sense in updating. Hope they get a fix soon.

I understand your concern but nothing posted previously really is an issue unless you're using the WS-6 Master rig or plan to use magnetic accept instead of reject like I was doing. 🤔 I have not tested that on the D2 remote yet.

Jeff's tests show that gold detection is improved, I think that prospect (pun intended) is a mitigating factor for upgrading. 🙂

Most people use the WS6 Master for relic hunting, I'm surprised I'm the only kook that uses it at the beach 🤪

No reports of any issues with the remote so far! 🤞