D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeff McClendon

LOOK!!!!  It might be time I get a Deus 2 after all, please let me know how it goes.

Other Improvements introduced with V2.0:

• Gold field program: Increased Sensitivity to small targets (low conductors).
  • Equalizer now functions with the Bone Conduction headphones.

Coaching at a high school golf tournament right now Simon. I will definitely let you know when I have a chance to check out the new Deus ll version 2.0 software. 

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

@Jeff McClendon

LOOK!!!!  It might be time I get a Deus 2 after all, please let me know how it goes.

Other Improvements introduced with V2.0:

• Gold field program: Increased Sensitivity to small targets (low conductors).
  • Equalizer now functions with the Bone Conduction headphones.

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Coaching at a high school golf tournament right now Simon. I will definitely let you know when I have a chance to check out the new Deus ll version 2.0 software. 

I too am interested in what you find with 2.0, Jeff.  I likely won't update unless Jeff sees a significant sensitivity improvement because I am not excited about reprogramming my remote and also am not planning on getting the Xtereme Hunter.

Furthermore, enthusiasm still needs to be tempered, because unless this update makes the D2 9" round coil outperform the Deus 1 5x9.5" elliptical in micro gold sensitivity (a big ask), you are still limited in micro-target sensitivity by the field generated by the D2's 9" round coil footprint.  I also have my doubts that they can significantly improve on micro gold sensitivity without either: 1) going to a higher max multifrequency frequency (FMF) (i.e., greater than 40 khz) on Goldfield; (2) adding high mono-frequency capability to Goldfield; or both.  Not clear either of those modifications to Goldfield features are included in this update.

But I absolutely have no problem being proven wrong on this and am glad XP is acknowledging and continuing to address this area where D2's performance is coming up short.  It's also worth noting that ML is able to outperform XP on small gold with the Nox operating at 40 khz Max FMF (at least we think its 40 khz, ML has never publicly specified their Max Multi-IQ frequencies).

Yea I'm holding off on the update. Really don't care about small gold sensitivity on the D2, nor do I plan on getting the 2 box system. I'm happy with 1.1, it's doing great so why chance an update that could change a good thing..

2 hours ago, abenson said:

Yea I'm holding off on the update. Really don't care about small gold sensitivity on the D2, nor do I plan on getting the 2 box system. I'm happy with 1.1, it's doing great so why chance an update that could change a good thing..

Andrew - agree.  Rollback is fine except that XP makes you lose all your customizations in the process.  One thing that would be great would be a means to be able to effortlessly save your customizations offline or onto a phone app interface so that they can be less tediously restored following an update.  Something I've wanted since the first major update to the Deus 1.  I can always dream...:smile:

I was able to do the version 2.0 update and a quick air test using the same targets that I used in this test documented here:

I tested software version 2.0 using Goldfield FMF with Disc IAR on 0, Notch Off, Sensitivity 95, high frequency limit 40.4 kHz, iron volume 7, reactivity 2, audio response 3, threshold 0, using high square tones. The results I got are in the second column on the chart shown below. The first column shows the original Goldfield FMF version 0.71 results using the same settings (except just Square Wave audio) with the same 9" coil. 

Thanks XP!!!!!!!!!!!

That is Steve H. with the Axiom on the back cover of a recent magazine mentioned in another post elsewhere on this forum. If it wasn't for Steve and this forum, I wouldn't know squat and would still be using an AT Gold and maybe a GP 3000.

DSCN0548.jpeg

That's very respectable results, especially with the coil limitations, well done XP.  

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That's very respectable results, especially with the coil limitations, well done XP.  

I totally agree. The version 2.0 Deus 2 results are on par with the Legend and Equinox 800 even with Deus 2 using a 9" versus 6" coil for the Legend and Equinox 800.

The addition of High Square Wave tones in version 1.10 and the tweaks they made to FMF Goldfield in version 2.0 have made a huge difference in small gold and low conductor performance.

I will be trying 2.0 FMF Goldfield at a gold prospecting site nearby next week.