Almost Matching 1930s Art Deco Gold Platinum Rings - 1km Apart

TTT2866

Last week was a success. The highlight was probably one of these rings below with the 1 large diamond. As you can see next to it, I have an almost matching ring! These were found at 2 different beaches about 1km apart. 1 whilst diving at low tide, and the one last week was just in the rocks. Both of them are marked "18k plat" for 18ct gold and platinum. 

I'm not sure how to measure diamond ct but it's a nice stone for sure. Diamond tester shows positive. I'm guessing by other rings I've found nearby that it's a 1930's ish art deco style ring. Open to other suggestions if it's earlier or later. 

When I first dug the target, mixed with sand and clay it just looked like another gold earring. I was very happy to see that diamond. I think I've found close to 100 gold rings at this spot and well over 350 rings all up just on this 1 beach. Never gets old seeing that diamond glimmer. 

Manticore last week. Deus 2 for the one with the smaller diamond. Both very clear targets. Highly mineralised ground. 

HH

No description available.

Those are some beauties inded, congrats and well done!

wow2.gif

There are some general carat size charts for diamonds, but the only way to get the true carat is by removing the diamond from the setting and weighing it on a diamond scale.