I Think I Lost My Mind!

6 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I think an updated full collection picture is in order, George.  Be sure to use a wide angle lens.

Bill

You mean I have to search under all the beds too. Maybe I will find Jimmy Hoffa? Oh brother.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Would you have me committed?

We all thought that your wife had already done that, so how did you escape?

15 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

We all thought that your wife had already done that, so how did you escape?

She bailed out after 41 years. But is cool with my addiction.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:37 AM, D&P-OR said:

George mah boy----If'n u can afford it--I say GO FOR IT!! :)-----me--I narrow down my herd once in awhile & end up replacing them no how!----Plus the fact at 85 yrs. old I'm still swinging a CTX & Etrac (at least for awhile).----It's a sickness---there's just GOTTA be something wrong with my mind! ha ha

Way to go "Popeye."

I want to get the deus one, I'm also looking at the fisher cz21, I think it would be cool to own at least one analog machine like that fisher

The fisher is still $2k CDN, and its an older machine, wish that price would come down

So my next machine will likely be the deus one, cause its half the price of the fisher, maybe early next season like april I could get it

Currently I have the simplex plus and the legend, and I bought my mom a vanquish 540 which I can use whenever, but I havnt yet

Today is first big snowfall for the year, unless I can make some time when I'm in toronto tomorrow, no more detecting till end of march/early april

16 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

With all those detectors, can you say one is better than the others? By the time i would use them i would forget what one was best. I have 7 detectors and still can't pick just one.  

They all found coins and relics. You got to be on good permissions. I only hunt colonial sites now. After detecting these permissions, over many years, I would now go for a very deep detector. You know you did a good job when very few good targets come up.

• Like 1

George

You don't have a problem at all with so many detectors 🥸!

When you add in just the finds you have posted..... 

What you have is a museum !🤯  

It's kinda like staying at a KOA (you just keep on adding )🖖

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

George

You don't have a problem at all with so many detectors 🥸!

When you add in just the finds you have posted..... 

What you have is a museum !🤯  

It's kinda like staying at a KOA (you just keep on adding )🖖

In my detecting life some of my favorite finds were 2 civil war id tags, 4 gold coins, over 100 plates and buckles, too many Confederate and Union buttons to list, 1794 flowing hair half dime, gold rings by the dozens, mint 1877 Indian and on and on. Paid for my Wifes Nursing School, gave some to my close friends and family, traded some for detectors. Kinda hard to believe if you're new. But that's what happened back in the day hunting just about every weekend in multiple states. Never easy as you walked many unproductive fields to find the camp. Getting permission to detect was hit or miss. Great tip. Never send the Ugly Guy to the door to ask. I never found the elusive GW Inaugural Button. My digging partner has two. That's why I still detect colonial sites. Keep digging. A small sampler. 26229531_561404340886432_5773329971243539678_n.jpg.c2ee92f0afec1eb7be0d56f3a9173b3d.jpg

• Like 6