Time For A Manicure

Tony

I've mocked, chastised, ridiculed, protested about most of what Minelab does......so, I decided to put up or shut up and finally purchased my second (new to me) Minelab detector.

I decided to get a full Manicure.

Manicure.jpg.32cd39decd5cf5ebda55716e4c8d2419.jpg

I will go on record and say this........an air test on my gold wedding band left me utterly gobsmacked in just how far it was able to detect it. If this can translate to real beach conditions then I will be beyond impressed. Fortunately, my local beach sands are typical white coral sands with the occasional pockets of black sands on some of the more enclosed beaches.

Tony

Welcome to the manicure arena.. where headache and frustrations are your friend for the first few many many months if you a beginner like me 😁.. on serious note though would love to know your assessments  between excalibur vs mantibelum performance later on

I'm reasonably experienced in beach and saltwater detecting....both VLF and Pulse for over 30 years now so hopefully I won't be scaring off all the seagulls with my bad language.

I'm kind of reluctant to fully submerge the Manticore...I've got the Excalibur and old Garrett XL500 for that sort of work.

I shall be reporting in due course.

Thanks,

Tony

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm reasonably experienced in beach and saltwater detecting....both VLF and Pulse for over 30 years now so hopefully I won't be scaring off all the seagulls with my bad language.

come to think of it.. the headache and frustrations mostly on land especially relics site with iron for me.. 

5 minutes ago, fishersari said:

3 years warranty man.. it is now to submerge 😁

I like your way of thinking.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I'm kind of reluctant to fully submerge the Manticore...I've got the Excalibur and old Garrett XL500 for that sort of work.

Been dunking mine since January without any problems. It spends 80% of it's life underwater and does a great job. JUST DO IT!

Congrats on the new detector! I picked up a Manticore recently and liking what I see from it. I plan on submerging it as needed and believe that it will fare better in the water than the Nox did. I'm really looking forward to using it in the wet sand after some beach erosion, very curious to see how it handles my black sand beaches.

I'm also liking very much what I'm seeing....early days I know.

I certainly can't fault the fit and finish of how it's put together....not a creak or wobble anywhere on the shaft as well. The pod assembly is near flawless along the joins.

Just picked up some Thresher headphones today.......also very happy with the sound these put out.

Keep us informed on the black sands....down this way, the sands are like Florida sands although a few spots have a nice white top cover but below lurks a layer of black sand....does cause the Excal to false a bit on these areas. The GP3500 kills it here though 😀