Xmas Twenty Years Ago

geof_junk

Don't let Minelab see these prices....allowing for inflation, today's prices aren't too bad 🤑

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Don't let Minelab see these prices....allowing for inflation, today's prices aren't too bad 🤑

Note that was the price for two top of Minelab detectors then. Now the top of the line detector Minelab 7000 is $9,799.00 or $19,598 before their price increase for 2024..............That is 5% per year compounding. That might be reasonable.

BUT there is less gold now.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Xmas Twenty Years Ago

As for paying cash. Heck,  I've had guys send $5000 cash in the mail,certified.  Then have me send their detector to the hunting buddies house. 🤣 He must know his limits with his wife well.

Was it a good investment buying yourself the detecting gear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

What do you mean buying them for my self. I had had had to buy them for the wife (boss)😋

Most certainly you're a wise man.

That's kind of like the Cancun Metal Detecting vacation I just returned from.  Totally did it for the wife, she's the boss. :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of a fishing trip I did some years ago with a mate of mine. Thought I would be smart, went into a fishing tackle shop  and bought some new gear and paid cash. Forgot all about the receipt until my wife found it in my pants pocket when doing the washing. 

Cheers. 

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 3