Nox 900 Headphone/earbud Question?

Zaj56

Is there any earbuds ,neckband , or bone conduction audio devices on the market that are compatible with the Nox and Manticore BT LE or is this a pipe dream?

5 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

Is there any earbuds ,neckband , or bone conduction audio devices on the market that are compatible with the Nox and Manticore BT LE or is this a pipe dream?

To more directly answer your question, Minelab has locked down the BT LE on Xterra Pro, Nox 700/900, and Manticore BT LE such that you can only use the ML branded headphones that are specifically designated as accessories compatible with these detectors.  ML appears to be coming out with a compatible wireless receiver called a WM-09 into which you can plug any wired phones or earbuds but it is not released yet nor do we know the cost.  Otherwise, your only option is using a BT APTX-LL transmitter plugged into the Xterra/Nox/Manticore headphone jack as Mark pointed out above and compatible BT APTX-LL receiving devices/phones/earbuds.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

To more directly answer your question, Minelab has locked down the BT LE on Xterra Pro, Nox 700/900, and Manticore BT LE such that you can only use the ML branded headphones that are specifically designated as accessories compatible with these detectors.  ML appears to be coming out with a compatible wireless receiver called a WM-09 into which you can plug any wired phones or earbuds but it is not released yet nor do we know the cost.  Otherwise, your only option is using a BT APTX-LL transmitter plugged into the Xterra/Nox/Manticore headphone jack as Mark pointed out above and compatible BT APTX-LL receiving devices/phones/earbuds.

Thanks....I remember you mentioned earlier in the year that another company was considering using that technology but I am guessing that fell through?  

I used Velcro, and fasten it right to my pod cover. It works with all the APT LL earbuds phones that I use with the nox 800.  I also have the same Velcro on my Xterra Pro so it covers both detectors. 

So far the battery has always out lasted the Manticore. 

image.png.712cb1376c290e07b2cb5bbbfedf21c5.png

• Like 1

One more  quick question.....my hearing aids are BT LE and while they wont work with my Nox 900 ..I am wondering if they would work with  a Legend without  adding a transmitter?

2 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

One more  quick question.....my hearing aids are BT LE and while they wont work with my Nox 900 ..I am wondering if they would work with  a Legend without  adding a transmitter?

They might connect, but if the headphones don’t support APTX-LL then there will be a significant delay as they will probably connect using the SBC code which is pretty laggy.  Legend doesn’t support the low latency LC3 codec used by the latest Bluetooth LE wireless devices only APTX-LL for low latency wireless detector audio.

13 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

Thanks....I remember you mentioned earlier in the year that another company was considering using that technology but I am guessing that fell through?  

Bluetooth LE is an industry standard and the LC3 codec is the latest and greatest low latency codec utilized by BT LE.  But manufacturers can choose whether or not to make their BT LE devices compatible with third parties.  Minelab has intentionally chosen not have their Bluetooth LE audio devices connect with 3rd party devices, so even though 3rd party Bluetooth LE devices with the LC3 codec are starting to appear on the marketplace, none of them will be compatible with the ML detector Bluetooth LE transmitters.