XP Deus Shaft Mod

12 hours ago, palzynski said:

Hi Basstrackerman ,

I plan to use a Simplex shaft for my D2 too ... I like the rectangular shape of the Nokta shaft system , which prevents the stems by design

I have a question , what did you do to adapt the Simplex lower shaft coil connector to the D2 coil connector ? They are very different ... thx ...

DSC03233.JPG

Here is what I use. 2 nylon washers/spacers. 3/4" in diameter, one is 1/16" thick other is 1/8th" thick.  Use thickest one on the side with cone wedge and thinner one with rubber washer.  You can super glue them in so you get better results and they pop right out even if they're super glued if you want to change that lower shaft for something else. But you can pick these up off of Amazon or any hardware store should have them. That's really all you need and the stock bolt kit for the lower on the Deus. But once these are glued in the lower rod for the simplex will pretty much bolt right on and the only other thing I did was I sanded a little bit of the lower shaft down just use some standard sandpaper The part that would possibly rub the top of the coil after it's bolted on that's the only part you have to sand off and it took about two or three minutes to do and then that's it.

20240401_214755.jpg

20240401_214815.jpg

21 hours ago, palzynski said:

Hi Basstrackerman ,

I plan to use a Simplex shaft for my D2 too ... I like the rectangular shape of the Nokta shaft system , which prevents the stems by design

I have a question , what did you do to adapt the Simplex lower shaft coil connector to the D2 coil connector ? They are very different ... thx ...

DSC03233.JPG

Hey Palzynski,

Have you looked into getting the newer carbon fiber XP lower?

I looked up the part number "D03-B", and it's available in some places.

It may not be as stiff as the Nokta lower, but it is an improvement, and will take the least amount of work to get it right.

BTman does great mods, I'm just suggesting an easier path. I'm working on better ways to mount the 13" on other shafts myself.

Remember it's all about pushing the coil to the bolt head side, and not doing stuff that bends the bolt. 🤔

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey Palzynski,

Have you looked into getting the newer carbon fiber XP lower?

I looked up the part number "D03-B", and it's available in some places.

It may not be as stiff as the Nokta lower, but it is an improvement, and will take the least amount of work to get it right.

BTman does great mods, I'm just suggesting an easier path. I'm working on better ways to mount the 13" on other shafts myself.

Remember it's all about pushing the coil to the bolt head side, and not doing stuff that bends the bolt. 🤔

Hi F350,

Thanks but I am not a great fan of the XP stock shaft ,I find the arm cuff too small and too close from the handle .

And for some reason I prefer straight shafts . This is why I was thinking to use a Simplex+ shaft ,if I can find a cheap one in the classifieds ..