Liquidating Jewerly -- Report Of An Actual Experience

Interesting to see the results !   Karma is smiling.🖖

VL might be right?  That ring could belong to a mysterious foreign princess. It was the first ring the prince gave her. They are now king and queen and there is a REWARD !!!!  There IS a ?% of possibility here... Or maybe your wife will wear it after you tell her this... 🥸 Nahhhhhhh !  But if you keep the ring you can use my story ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good point, but how do you find out?

The rightmost ring in my 'junk' photo was a particular surprise because of how attractive it is.  My eye said it would contain precious metal (more than just the gold plating).  I haven't tossed it (or sold at a yard sale) so it still could work out that I've misevaluated it.

Nice work as usual Chuck. That ring reminds me of one I found a long time ago clearly plated but stamped 925 under the guilt.

I've saved it Because I liked it so much. I have seen it worn by one other woman on the check out stand at Lowe's  🙂

strick

20240107_092555.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good point, but how do you find out?

Simply type in almost any search engine "hard to find rare costume jewelry", and it should give some good pointers.

More of the valuable items will have a makers mark on them and you can then you will be able to judge what they are worth.

I have seen my grandfather get over $1,000 for a broach that I thought was total junk, but it was a very rare item.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1