Looking For Manitcore Battery

Fairly sure that the factory battery can only be a certain size/shape so as to fit in the hand grip battery compartment.

If not getting wet then you can hook up a power bank battery.....these look very good.

https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-NPB2-Waterproof-Power-Bank-p/bat-nite-npb2.htm

.....and if you want to go crazy big capacity

https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-NPB4-Waterproof-Power-Bank-p/bat-nite-npb4.htm

Get some 3M velcro and mount under the arm cuff.

Looks like 2  21700 li-ions on the Manticores, you could make your own but much easier I think is Tony's idea, external battery pack. 

I use the 21700 lipstick battery pack for my Go Pro 7, gets me 6 straight hours of video. Single li-ion 21700 4000mha

1.jpg

I wonder if the Manticore battery is the same as the Equinox ??

I'm not sure if the OP wants a simple replacement battery or something with a bigger mAh capacity ?

I guess the real question is if you were able to find a larger capacity battery that fits the manticore would the manticore  recognize that its a larger capacity and properly charge it?

If you're not water hunting it would be easier to buy one of those powerbanks and if your manticore needs charging when out then connect it up and charge it.

12 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

I guess the real question is if you were able to find a larger capacity battery that fits the manticore would the manticore  recognize that its a larger capacity and properly charge it?

If you're not water hunting it would be easier to buy one of those powerbanks and if your manticore needs charging when out then connect it up and charge it.

Should make no difference on the Manticore (or Nox) as far as charging, only one size fits the manticore and that would be a 2 pack 21700 3.7 volt. Finding a larger capacity battery would be finding and using the same batteries but with more Watt Hours, or mAh (Milliamp Hours) The charger only sees 3.7 to 4.2 volts, it just takes it longer to charge one that has more capacity..

When it comes to Li-ions, best to buy a well known brand name, not just a larger capacity one.

23 hours ago, Tony said:

I'm not sure if the OP wants a simple replacement battery or something with a bigger mAh capacity ?

The Manticore and Nox use different batteries. Same voltage, but the Nox uses a single 26500 size Li-ion 3.7 volt battery. 2  21700 li-ions on the Manticores, I don't own either but I can tell from the battery designs in the video. All you would need is to break open either to see how they are setup then remake them as needed. Easy stuff. 

How long does the Manticore run before needing charged? I'm sure MInelab uses a fairly decent battery in it?

On 1/13/2024 at 4:28 AM, Tony said:

No, it has a larger energy capacity and a different form factor (than the EQX 6/800 battery at least). MC = 25Wh and EQX6/800 = 18.5Wh

In the UK for the Nox 600/800 we have a PWR-NOX back up storage (from RB Innovations) it clips under the arm rest and you use the NOX USB charging cable to connect to the NOX. It basically doubles your detecting time which is useful when you are on a weekender and don't have any mains charging capability. If the NOX600/800 uses the same voltage as the Manticore (which I see in this thread it does) then that will do the job. No doubt the provider does one for the Manticore by now.

Here's a link to Crawfords the Minelab distributer in the UK.

RNB Pwr-Nox USB Power Pack for Metal Detectors