Howdy From Utah

Zedicus16

Hi, here's my awkward first post. I love getting out and detecting, been doing it for 20 years now. A good friend of mine manufacturered bags for the big brands, and I helped him whenever I could. On the weekends we would go out, find just enough money to buy lunch, and do it again the next weekend.

Now I have a 3 year old and haven't been out since he was born, but I'm itching to get out again. I took him out on a test run with my trusty Garrett 1350 in our backyard and he LOVED it. Obviously I need to change my expectations but I think it will still be fun. 

In our test run I found my 1350 to be old, those 8 AA batteries really cemented it's age lol. Even my kiddos toys are rechargeable. So I ordered a Nokta Legend, can't wait!

Welcome back to detecting, Zed!  That Legend, being a modern high-end multifrequency detector has a lot of (virtual) knobs, so probably will take you longer to bond with than your Garrett 1350.  Read the manual (more than once), stick with factory settings until you get your confidence up, don't get aggressive with the gain (these detectors do well with moderate gain) and read and ask here.  There are many Legend posts and users here who are glad to help.

Welcome from East Texas.  Keep that boy excited about outdoor Dad time.

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome back to detecting, Zed!  That Legend, being a modern high-end multifrequency detector has a lot of (virtual) knobs, so probably will take you longer to bond with than your Garrett 1350.  Read the manual (more than once), stick with factory settings until you get your confidence up, don't get aggressive with the gain (these detectors do well with moderate gain) and read and ask here.  There are many Legend posts and users here who are glad to help.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning something new. The Garrett was definitely stupid easy. My wife enjoys going out here and there, so it'll be nice having something she can use too.

3 hours ago, JCR said:

Welcome from East Texas.  Keep that boy excited about outdoor Dad time.

Absolutely! I'm excited to add another activity that we can do together. I bought him a shotgun seat for my mountain bike so that we can go out, I'm hoping to combine the two. It's going to be fun.

Welcome to the gang Zedicus !

(sounds roman gladiator , cool forum ID  bet there's a story to go with it !  ) 

Good luck to ya .   Bury some matchbox cars for the mini me to find .we all like treasarrrrrrr !  

15 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome to the gang Zedicus !

(sounds roman gladiator , cool forum ID  bet there's a story to go with it !  ) 

Good luck to ya .   Bury some matchbox cars for the mini me to find .we all like treasarrrrrrr !  

Thank you!

There is definitely a story but it's a long one.

That's an awesome idea! Thanks. He loves to work the pin pointer so that should work out great. I'll have to detect the volleyball court with some hidden cars 🙂