Got My First Taste Of Gold For This Year

Nice job braving the weather to test out your work.

Great job on the recovery of the gold and I hope you more than double last years totals.

Good luck and be careful out there.

Great operation you got there John with your California mini . It’s great for a one man working alone.

Keep it up I always wanted to know a rich man.haha  
The best!

Chuck 

13 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice job braving the weather to test out your work.

Great job on the recovery of the gold and I hope you more than double last years totals.

Good luck and be careful out there.

I sleep good at night! Thanks.........

• Like 1

That sure beats packing a 65 pound deep cycle lead base marine battery. There are a few portable folding 100 watt solar panels with a built in charge controller that help keep the charge on a Li Fe PO4 battery. Nice light portable setup you got there.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:41 AM, John-Edmonton said:

I carry the battery in my backpack and highbanker in a plastic sled. Very portable

Here's an old photo of a Gold Hog mini high banker before the Li Fe PO4 battery. Rigged a shelf on an old backpack frame to haul a 65 pound marine battery down into the river canyon. This photo is prior to California 2016 restrictions on placing a high banker pump in a stream then discharging the sediments within 100 yards. The California regs are still unclear. Both turned out to be a great incentive to purchase a metal detector.

HB.thumb.jpg.37b1f83637582e5cf592468d16db362e.jpg