Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

Nenad has some good info on the Aussie forum. Wonder what percent this target ID works at compared to target signal depth?

14 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Don't care if I go weeks without a colour, but get a buzz when I dig something worth the effort.

Our bigger bit patches would be worth going back to if we could just get a newer refined timing on the GPZ/GPX series, just needing a little more depth and these areas could be worth while again.

4 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Our bigger bit patches would be worth going back to if we could just get a newer refined timing on the GPZ/GPX series, just needing a little more depth and these areas could be worth while again.

For the legacy GPX, there is.....its called Modding Ron. Adds up to 30% depth on bigger targets and matches the GPZ with X Coils Big Concentrics on most targets that I've seen.

On 1/28/2024 at 3:45 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Added the E1500 to the Detector Database and noticed that due to the company name starting with an A they will be first in alphabetical lists. Smart move that even if it was not planned. It is why you see so many triple A company names.

algoforce-metal-detector-faceplate-gold-nuggets.jpg

I like that A as well as the Au for gold is right up front for us all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aureous said:

For the legacy GPX, there is.....its called Modding Ron. Adds up to 30% depth on bigger targets and matches the GPZ with X Coils Big Concentrics on most targets that I've seen.

My friend just got a Woody mod 5000 in the mail today, looking forward to see it in action. 😀

• Like 5

12 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

The 14x9" Evo I used briefly in the field and tested on a few targets, and it seemed a very nice compromise between the 12" round and 12x8" Evos. 

Nenad,

thanks for putting all this together, very informative and interesting.

Would you recommend that the 14x9”Evo is a good all around coil option for this detector and its timings considering the ground conditions you detect in there.

• Like 1

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/algoforce-e1500-new-pi-detector-from-ex-minelab-engineer.42049/page-2#post-676638

There’s another report on the Aussie forum describing how well the conductivity target ID is working on this E1500 PI. Also mentioned is some comparisons of different detectors on a range of targets.

• Like 2

Home and test patch trials are one thing....and so far it appears that the E1500 is not a 6000 beater. But, the real test is the in-field ability of the E1500 to find the small gold that the 6000 doesn't hear. Just how much of it is 'find-able' ??? In other words, how long will it take for anyone to recoup his/her detector investment in gold value? The main driver of interest is gonna be if the E1500 can magically make old patches worthwhile again. If not, its just gonna be an option for those detectorists wanting to finally obtain a super sensitive PI without the massive Minelab price tag , or new beginners wanting a cheaper option than a used SDC2300. If scenario 1 if a reality, then I'll be buying one. 

• Like 4