Greetings From Tennessee

Yooper

Howdy.

New forum user here, but not new to metal detecting. I remember going detecting with my grandfather back around 1970. He had a Garrett something or other. That inspired me to get a Garrett as my first detector in 1999, a GTI 2500. Got quite a bit of use out of that. Moved on to a Minelab Explorer SE. The learning curve was quite long, but I really liked that detector. All of that time was spent detecting in Upper Mi and Wisconsin. Didn't really detect much from 2010 till Covid hit. I was traveling extensively and was flying 30 weeks a year.

Now when Covid hit I got the detecting bug again. Bought a CTX 3030 and used it maybe 25 hours. Started flying again. Then I took a new job about a year and a half ago, less flying more driving. Got the bug once again and bought a Manticore. I am using both the Manticore and 3030 right now. Totally different machines, but I like them both for different reasons. I still have the SE as well.

Right now I am spending more time with the Manti. Anyway, I have found the forums here to be quite helpful as I learn both the newer ML detectors, so I decided to join.

Cheers.

• Like 5

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome from Indiana! Sounds like you're in the club of guys here who have been detecting for longer than I've been on this planet...😀

Welcome to the forum,not sure what Tn stands for but guess it means Tennessee or have i got that totally wrong ?? regards from the UK.  🤣🤣🤣

Welcome to the group from Kansas.  You for certain have two of the best detectors going!  The Manticore and the CTX.  We will be looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds in 2024! 

• The title was changed to Greetings From Tennessee