Good Reviews Of M8?

I've been using the M8 at the beach and one thing I have noticed is the abundance of open earrings it is finding. They are supposed to be difficult to find when open but the M8 doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I am definitely finding more than I did with the M11. No gold yet but the coil is alerting me quite well when a non-ferrous target is under it. This picture shows some of the junk jewelry I have found. There are more but I usually throw it in a bucket and didn't think of taking any pics. I am running a sensitivity of 27 to 28 on the wet salt sand, prospecting audio and a speed of 4.

open hoops.jpeg

• Like 9

I am torn... I mean I want to make the m8 as my main coil for everything and left m11 at home but the m11 has the depth advantage on rings/coin size target.. I'm ok with m8 doesn't have the coverage advantage than the m11.. the m8 is more fun to use..

• Like 1

I was a big fan of the 6" for prospecting with the Nox 800, after the firmware update on the Manticore and putting the M8 coil on it it's now difficult to be able to quantify the performance advantage on tiny gold over the 6" coil, the M8 appears to keep up well with it even though bigger.  It's also a very deep coil on coin size targets for it's size.  It's very impressive, the M8 will become your "mate" in no time. 

• Like 3

Excellent coil, I really like my one. Yet to try it for coinshooting but I already know its going to be a beast 

Public Service Announcement - If anyone is looking for an in-stock M8... I just bought one for $239, no tax and free shipping at: https://www.nuggetshooter.com/product-page/minelab-manticore-m8-coil

• Like 3

That one has been showing as "in stock" for a long time.  Which seems almost unreasonable.  Which, along with the incomplete web page, is why I haven't ordered one from there already.  And I've just been too lazy to just call and ask.  But if it's legit in stock, cool, cool, cool.

- Dave

3 hours ago, UT Dave said:

...along with the incomplete web page,...

Care to elaborate?  I just went there and snooped around.  I didn't notice anything I would call 'incomplete'.  (I could easily have missed it, though.)

On 2/17/2024 at 3:39 PM, UT Dave said:

The page heading.

I didn't see anything like that.  Maybe they were just building the page when you visited or did you just grab this?  If the latter is the case maybe it's a browser issue....

Bill Southern is known far-and-wide in the detecting and gold recovery community.  Many here can vouch for him.  Of course that doesn't guarantee his website is 100% up-to-date, inventory-wise.

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I didn't see anything like that.  Maybe they were just building the page when you visited or did you just grab this?  If the latter is the case maybe it's a browser issue....

Bill Southern is known far-and-wide in the detecting and gold recovery community.  Many here can vouch for him.  Of course that doesn't guarantee his website is 100% up-to-date, inventory-wise.

Still seeing it like that this morning on two different devices with two different browsers.  It's just a page template that hasn't been finished.  Not a security threat or anything.  It did contribute to my uncertainty about actual availability is all.

Had no intention of implying anything about the proprietor.  Just that I've had my doubts about that coil actually being in stock there for some time.  And that largely due to my own sour disposition towards Minelab over availability of the M8, I've not simply called and asked to find out for sure.

For all my complaining out loud about not having an M8 yet, I have actually stopped looking very hard.  Minelab won't get my money for one until it's easy to get.

- Dave

• Like 1