Metal Detector Cleaning

Started Spring cleaning of my metal detectors a little early this year. I wipe down all parts with a wet warm clean microfiber cloth, rinsing them often. I always remove the coil covers to clean the bottom of the coil and rinse and wipe the inside of the coil covers. I always find fine dust inside of the cover and have always figured there was/is some amount of magnetic material in that dust, but just to confirm this time, I put a strong magnet to the dust and sure enough, some of it stuck to the magnet. Of course, you know that it will affect how the coil response will be affected, so just a heads up, you may want to clean that dust out of your coil and cover often depending on the amount of use, but for sure, every year. Take care and good luck out there. 

• Like 3

Your lucky if you only get dust in the coil cover just sayin 🙂 

strick

• Haha 1

For best performance always keep your coil connectors clean.  I've had a coil that behaved like bad EMI on my AT Gold, solution, cleaning the coil connector.   On my GPZ a dirty coil connector has caused bump sensitivity, a nice clean and bump sensitivity gone.

I like this stuff, has a nice jet nozzle to blast out dirt and debris while also cleaning, won't harm any plastics like some electronic cleaners can, and just works well, also useful for keeping the headphone sockets clean and dries almost instantly.

crccleaner.thumb.gif.1ed857aa81179b84e15906ed1b8e27ab.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks!  But don't see version with jet nozzle on their US website. Only the spray. 

GC

Just now, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks!  But don't see version with jet nozzle on their US website. Only the spray. 

GC

damn, I don't know why they do different stuff for different countries.

You'll be able to find a little jet sprayer on other products like even their silicone spray and if it's just a standard spray top on their contact cleaner swap the tops over, and it's handy to have silicone spray laying around anyway, it's very useful stuff.

Silicone.jpg.66d6e0d370cc18a34a55201871696467.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here’s the U.S. version, works great 😉

8B8686F9-A3D0-4837-A70D-FB72FACF54CD.jpeg

• Like 3

It does come with a straw just like WD40 so it will work just fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gold Catcher said:

also super expensive, 1 can $72.....WTF

Harbor Freight is same as I got $9.99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here the good version is $16.96, so current US conversion $10.28

crccleanerprice.thumb.jpg.abf51f73edecf64bed99583c3defd736.jpg