Metal Detector Cleaning

Was just on their website. Pretty confusing. Are both CO contact cleaner and QD electronic cleaner the same product? In the US the CO contact cleaner is at much higher price everywhere I look. So, something must be different. But if QD cleaner works the same then it won't matter

QD seems the same product, we can't buy QD in NZ, only CO.  Never know though, in California everything causes cancer so maybe they had to do something different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

California has not yet claimed that breathing causes cancer but give them time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WD-40 makes a contact cleaner with the straw too which you can get locally, I can't remember where I got mine, want to say Walmart or some big store like that. It was under $10 and seems to work decently. 

Here's the same one on Amazon, $7.60. 

• Like 2

Be careful with some cleaners, they might have acetone or other solvents in them which will melt plastic. I had some silicone spray that smelled like it was 100% acetone, it would melt the plastic coil covers so I threw it out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MSC said:

Started Spring cleaning of my metal detectors a little early this year. I wipe down all parts with a wet warm clean microfiber cloth, rinsing them often. I always remove the coil covers to clean the bottom of the coil and rinse and wipe the inside of the coil covers. I always find fine dust inside of the cover and have always figured there was/is some amount of magnetic material in that dust, but just to confirm this time, I put a strong magnet to the dust and sure enough, some of it stuck to the magnet. Of course, you know that it will affect how the coil response will be affected, so just a heads up, you may want to clean that dust out of your coil and cover often depending on the amount of use, but for sure, every year. Take care and good luck out there. 

Hi. This is a different one. I use Iso Alcohol for crazy number of things.

The best thing about buying 100% iso you can dilute it for a squillion things.

Remember though 1 thing. Mix it with distilled water. Most other water contains minerals and things that can change things. My tap water turns it to milk colour. Distilled crystal clear.

70/30 as a hand germ killer. You'll buy hand sanitizer with some perfume smell for tripple to quad what you can make.

40/60 will kill aphids on veges.  40 distilled 60 iso. The aphid gets smothered and as the iso drys off it sucks the moisture out of the aphids body and kills it. No harm to veges or herbs iv seen. Tomatoes, chilis, flowers. 

Anyway. I use the 70/30 to clean the build up gunk off of my tv screen, phone, windows and any screen including detector screens and even my cars info/audio/reverse camera screen. Used it on coils, stems at higher levels to remove tape residue at 100%. Keep some mixed in my car all the time. Works wonders on mosquito and our march fly bites if put on early enough. Cuts the itch time down by 60 to 70%  easy.

Wonder stuff, where was I? Oh yeah, cleans thing great.

Ps, just in case anyone goes to drown a screen, spray it on a cloth first.

Veges spray it on like water.

• Like 2