Dankowski Forum

21 minutes ago, JCR said:

It appears the Spam issue has been addressed now.

At least something is getting better on that new forum,it's not very enthralling is it,yes i am totally aware that it is brand new but they are not giving it top priority and i can see many top posters just drifting away and almost impossible these days to get folks back posting again.....at one time many detecting forums had been around on the web but FaceAche etc put alot of them out of business and only a few decent ones have survived.

Unless Tom pays someone to get it sorted out into some form of decent forum again it wont be long before it closes down.

• Like 1

I really think this Forum (DP) has the best format & membership base out there. The new Dankowski format is certainly usable enough. Time will tell what it's membership shapes up to be. I will contribute as I can & try to be positive.

• Like 3

Is the new Dankowski forum offline? It was working for me a few days ago but now when I go there it says "You are not authorized to read this forum."

@Badger-NH I just checked & it is working fine for me.

21 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Is the new Dankowski forum offline? It was working for me a few days ago but now when I go there it says "You are not authorized to read this forum."

It's working here,but nothing worth looking at really,hope they get some or all of the original threads transferred over.Its a shame that it was never addressed earlier.

I think I will transfer older threads,, as continuing and current,, the good thing about the New Dankowski forum is the possibility to easily insert pictures ... so it will move the Forum to a higher level..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCR said:

@Badger-NH I just checked & it is working fine for me.

Thanks for checking.

It's strange. I have no problem logging in. Now it says " This board has no forums." I sent an email yesterday. I'll give it a few days. Maybe it will fix itself.

Navigating the new platform is not quite intuitive for me. I just coonfinger around until it does what I want. In other words I use my Standard Operating Procedure for anything computer related.🙃

• Haha 1

I just tried it again. This time I saw the forum. I started this post to say the site was working but then got denied when I attempted to log in and had to edit. I'll give it more time.

Dang. Computers hate you worse than they do me.