New Detector Tech Coming??

Not sure if this has been posted already but this sounds interesting.

According to Woody who is the maker of this new detector, it will be light-years ahead of any other detector currently available. Due possibly this year.

I have no idea if the mods he does are any good or if he can create something better than what companies with many emploees/$$$ have at their disposal but I'm rooting that he can. 

It has an 8-pin plug, wonder why? 

• Like 3

His understanding of EXIF and Metadata is very different to mine 😛  He's on the right track with the hidden information in pictures, it's especially common in screeners going out for review for movies so if they are leaked the movie studios can track down the source of the leak.  Information is hidden in the frames of the video, it's been circumvented a long time ago by software that searches the video for pixels that don't change frame to frame, as they're the hidden information...   This technology is NOT in your phone and cameras like being suggested.

Before being worried about the photos being taken containing where he purchased his camera, he should probably upgrade his PC running Windows XP in the background, that sucker is a security risk far more than the cameras information.

Great to see a potential new detector coming to market, hopefully it's good as indicated, probably not something I'll require though.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This technology is NOT in your phone and cameras like being suggested

Yes, that was what I thought also. He did mention XP is running on his computer so he can use specific outdated software, that particular computer isn't connected to the net in any way. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jin said:

Yes, that was what I thought also. He did mention XP is running on his computer so he can use specific outdated software, that particular computer isn't connected to the net in any way. 

Thanks, I didn't watch the whole thing, they tend to drag on too much.  He should just run a virtual machine and not need a dedicated XP machine.

• Like 4

Woody can prattle on a bit. I reckon he should have taken the Algerforce approach & just hit the market with it when it is all done & up & running taking the world by surprise. Cats out of the bag now.

D4G 

• Like 9