General Difference Between Machines In Same Price Range

hey guys..

This is something i was always wondering about...

Just because i saw too many comment, argues, and comparison... And in a begining  i will apologise to people living outside Europe.. I don't mean anything bad.. topic is just following the situations..

We are in this hobby for 4 years now.. first 6 months with entry level, and another 3,5 years with Equinox 800. When we choose to buy a 'serious' machine.. i can't remember why we choose 800 ( probably because of multifreq option ).. can't remember anymore..

I see a lot of fights and comparison between machines.. but majority of that argue, or testing, or people puting videos how many detectors they changed,, is happening outside Europe.

Why did I mention that? Well.. we live in Europe, wich is full of history ( when we talk about metal, right :)).. so we go back 3000 years ago..  And there are people that dig 99% of time in kindergardens parks in US.. ( it can be another young and simple location in another country outside Europe ) and making millions of reviews about different machines or changing machines often...

So.. whats the point? If we take a price range of new machine... around 1000 dollars.. Eur.. whatewer..  What is the main difference.. when u go out hunting, except the production designs.. or color. if they both work in same freq's, have the same coil n stuff..

I cannot find detecting folks from Europe that have issues with machines. changing them.. or making comparision.. who is the better ( while talking about machines with same specifications ).

I understand people that upgrade.. from entry level.. than going from machine to machine adding 100 bucks or euros..I understand that...  But if we talk about machine with almost same specifications..  what is the difference..

Ofcourse.. i ask this.. because we did not try any other machine than ours with those spec's, and in this price range...  So i don't understand..

The only thing I understand is that Deus don't have a cable..  and that is one less thing to be broken 🙂 Wich we like 🙂 

Please, don't get offended by me telilng about different continents or countries... but we are, where we are..   🙂

I still think metal is metal.. and.. it is all in our heads... 🙂

Thank you all..

• Like 2

With all the competition I would think it’s better to just look at the best prices now that relic detectors have hit a plateau.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heavy Metal said:

Ofcourse.. i ask this.. because we did not try any other machine than ours with those spec's, and in this price range...  So i don't understand..

The only thing I understand is that Deus don't have a cable..  and that is one less thing to be broken 🙂 Wich we like 🙂 

I am European too ... 🙂

From my standpoint it is very easy to answer to this question .

I like very light detectors  . I currently use a Deus2 WS6 master with a 9 coil. It weighs around 750g because there is nothing on the shaft , just the coil .   And the wireless headphones on my head .

If I compare with the competitors of other brands , there is nothing below 1,2 or 1,3 kg , which means around 500g heavier than a D2 , because of the control box ( around 400g ) and the cable ( around 80g ) . And these 500g are a huge difference for me 

This is just as simple as this ..

And also because I like the D2 electronics which excels on our European soils ...

• Like 2

• The title was changed to General Difference Between Machines In Same Price Range
2 hours ago, Heavy Metal said:

hat is one less thing to be broken 🙂 Wich we li

:))

haha.. u are my man! I totally understand you! Love lightweight because of backpain...

but this is something about the taste... That's why i mentioned - same price range and same specifications 🙂

• Like 1

Yes Steve.. taht's exactly what I thought... but i had to ask this question..Only because one thing that comes to my mind..

In my discrit of  lets say 500 in a circle.. we have all soils we can imagine.. but was thinking.. maybe some better machines for lets say.. relic items.. older one.. some precise or.. idk what..

But seems to me.. its just about our personal preferences!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The truth is that for VLF all the top detectors are quite capable. The main difference will be the operator expertise and most importantly, the quality of the location being hunted.

Must admit i totally agree with you 100% on that statement,some of my detectors especially my T2 are 17 years old but that detectors has found me more hammered and milled gold coins than all my other machines put together,it must be about one of the simplest machines to operate.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2024 at 3:51 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

People often think their personal preferences are superior to other people's

Yes mine is better than most others, because it came from my grandfather and he told me so. The 800 is a great machine and nothing compares to mine.

Steve I know what you are saying and have read many things on this forum that suggest the same thing that you are saying. Some times a person knows what a detector is saying to the person and they know what they find because they know their machine. The tech has almost run out of things to improve on and almost any good machine is just like the next one on the market.

Enough said from me as I have had to much moonshine and the screen is getting hard to see. I hope everyone can understand what I am saying. My 800 is better than your's

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The best detector for someone is the one they feel most comfortable and proficient with. It will vary from person to person. At the end of the day for me it is not a competition with any other person. I go to escape the daily grind of work and stress associated with it, get some air, some movement, and maybe find something that makes me smile. it doesn't take much to make me smile when metal detecting. A clad quarter is a really good start.

Some people get way too serious about everything. It's an easy trap to fall into. Don't bring all that competitive mess into your metal detecting hobby. Just enjoy what YOU like about whatever metal detector works for you. When you get bored with that one, pick a new one and start all over learning that one. *shrugs* It can be so easy.

• Like 5