Algoforce New Patent Applications

Minelab lists 8 Australian patents for the 6000. I am guessing that 2 or 3 of these patents where used in the SDC developments (oldest patent going back to 2011) and were incorporated into the 6000 development but there are 4 patents from 2019 (2019 x 1, 2020 x 2, 2021 x 1) that look to be specifically related to the 6000 development. Most of these 4 refer to an  " improved metal detector" - so are we saying the 6000 is only an incremental improvement on the SDC?

On 3/31/2024 at 6:47 PM, VicR said:

Minelab lists 8 Australian patents for the 6000.

The only new patent, well newish was a 2019 patent for the GPX 6000, the others are resubmitted older patents, their original dates listed above in the field.

gpx6000patents.thumb.jpg.68fc0d22485bc5c03258a3e5deb34a15.jpg

This is the newish 2019 patent used for the 6000.

Although it's for a coils screening from what I can see with my limited understanding so the 6000 isn't using anything new that required a patent for the actual detector from what I can see.

There are 5 individual original patents, many from very early years and resubmitted/amended so it's showing as 8.

Interestingly Geosense never made it onto their "key technologies" when even their Pro-Find pin pointers anti interference technology did..... and surely, they're embarrassed by that pinpointer.

I am hoping that Algoforce may force Minelab to become more user friendly rather than buzzword focused - just purchase a set of Avantree Aria ME S headphones that leave the stock 6000 headphones for dead but i cant use them wirelessly on the Manticore. Thats just nuts.

11 minutes ago, VicR said:

just purchase a set of Avantree Aria ME S headphones that leave the stock 6000 headphones for dead but i cant use them wirelessly on the Manticore. Thats just nuts.

yes, they locked down their Bluetooth LE to only work with their headphones. 😞  Bluetooth transmitters are the way to go anyway, so in a way the Algoforce is good, why pay the big bucks for a transmitter incorporated into a detector when it rapidly becomes outdated in the fast evolving area of Bluetooth and Wireless technology, stick a cheap transmitter on with the latest technology and use whatever new headphones product you want.

IMG_1582.thumb.jpg.5db5cd27e32a02916db1dd127377ff10.jpg

Sometimes less is more, with the Algo I can have the latest and greatest wireless audio without having to pay big money for it on the original purchase, and can upgrade it whenever a new better version comes out.  So many people are already doing this with their Manticore to use headphones they want to use.

Algoforce are joining Minelab at Minelab's game, patenting everything and good on them, a third patent has appeared on their website now, relating to an adaptive display on a metal detector, basically a screen that auto adjusts to the ambient light. 

Patents

New method for detecting fast time constant targets using a time domain metal detector (Patent No. AU2023900847A0)

Metal detector with ambient sound control (Patent No. AU2023900934A0)

Handheld underground metal detector with adaptive display (Patent No. AU2023901230A0)

The good news about this one is the Algoforce E1500 doesn't have this feature, it's obviously something going on the next model when it comes to fruition as the E1500 would need a light sensor for it to work, good on them, two can play that game.

The current Algoforce screen is better in sun than any other screen I've seen on a metal detector, so once it has adaptive on it, it's really going to be well beyond anything else in different light levels.