The gold sounds similar, but tends to be deeper and bigger. In this one particular area I did get to the point, if it was out in the first scrape I would walk on. I am hoping not to scrape, then I don’t have to leave a big trail of marks on the ground. Eg 50 lead scrapes for every nugget. Got to the point I would walk on simply by the sound alone. Rather miss the odd one than spend time rehabilitating the ground. I am happy to spend time making the ground good if it’s rewarded me😁

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:01 PM, Slade said:

I have ordered one and it arrives in a couple of days. Why did I purchase one? 
I already have a 6000 and a 7000 for gold prospecting, probably an unbeatable combo. I do not have a coin and relic machine fro mucking about at home in the off season. I was thinking of an Equinox or manticore, I fact I came close to purchasing one. When I saw this a few weeks ago, I thought “that’s perfect” I can use it for coin and relic but in the gold season, I can return to some trashy areas that I have walked away from. I know there is gold there because I have lucked on some nice chunks. Unfortunately the old timers are of the land, so it’s peppered with shot pellets. 
How ever it works out, I am sure I can entertain myself for many hours trying to work it out. 
here are a few bits for fun. 

IMG_1917.jpeg

Hi mate. Out of curiosity when did you order yours. Interested to know the wait time please. 

On 3/1/2024 at 10:37 AM, Norvic said:

Ahhhh, going back last century... the first ML tracking PI had just hit the market, I joined for 4 weeks a pay for tag along tour operator in WA and NT OZ. On first camp fire 'yack' he asked us to keep any 'hot rocks' that interfered with our Pis GB ( SDs 2000, 2100 and 2200) he was collecting such for ML. It was such user collections ML relied/relies on for GBing advancements. That first tracking ML taught us tracking takes out gold, ML improved on that over the years with the SDC the first without fixed going close to not tracking out gold, the 6K improved again (and the Z but its not PI).

They still track out gold but improving, but above is just a litlle history, now my point those of us who still use fixed at times have also noticed in fixed detectors although evolving more sensitive do not need as much and as often adjustment, I`ve found not speculating the E1500 does not need as much or as often GB adjustment as say, to keep amongst the PIs as the GPX5000 and be assured the E1500 has sensitivity approaching the GB2 VLF. Hell with the GB2 (non tracking) and such you were continually adjusting manually ever swing almost.

"On first camp fire 'yack' he asked us to keep any 'hot rocks' that interfered with our Pis GB ( SDs 2000, 2100 and 2200) he was collecting such for ML"

He was probably keeping them to crush later from a known area for gold in ironstone 😂 Just kidding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1