I have ordered one and it arrives in a couple of days. Why did I purchase one? 
I already have a 6000 and a 7000 for gold prospecting, probably an unbeatable combo. I do not have a coin and relic machine fro mucking about at home in the off season. I was thinking of an Equinox or manticore, I fact I came close to purchasing one. When I saw this a few weeks ago, I thought “that’s perfect” I can use it for coin and relic but in the gold season, I can return to some trashy areas that I have walked away from. I know there is gold there because I have lucked on some nice chunks. Unfortunately the old timers are of the land, so it’s peppered with shot pellets. 
How ever it works out, I am sure I can entertain myself for many hours trying to work it out. 
here are a few bits for fun. 

IMG_1917.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

You'll be able to weed out some shot pellets by them having very low ID's most commonly 00 and gold the sizes in that photo will have an ID very different to a pellet.  A good thing about the Algoforce is it seems to hold it's ID's until it no longer gets an ID, the ID's don't creep lower or go higher as they get deeper like is common on VLF's.  It might just be my milder soils causing this very stable ID I don't know, I'd love to hear from someone else on it as nobody else with an Algo has mentioned much about it, and to me it's one of the coolest features of the detector.

• Like 7

Thanks for the info on the stable ID.

We have a trip planned to our lease in late April, after this I will report back the findings on genuine gold finds in heavy mineralised ground. I will throw some videos up on YouTube. In the meantime I can practice with some treasure/junk, detection and buried nuggets to compare with the 6000, Equinox 900  and my surprisingly good Xterra Pro on the junk. I only have one coil to use on the algo atm, a coiltek elite 14 x 9 , I will try and borrow a NF 10 x 5 evo. To me this would be ideal. X coils are a bit hard to find these days. 

Slade, I think you’ll find the smallest Evo coil is 12x8”..... still a very good small gold coil.

The 8x6” Sadie (Advantage) is the smallest NF coil.

• Like 2

Then 12x8 it is. I wanted to stick with evo coil to give the machine the best chance of shining on the tiny stuff they are promoting it for. I don’t really want to buy a new one at this stage, I am sure there is a few floating around in the bottom of many a 5000 bag. 

Your 6000 will beat it on depth on the small gold.

• Like 2

True, and I hope it would. The 6000 is not much fun in the park though. 
not that I even like coin hunting. Only new to treasure detecting so haven’t found any thing of value yet, and while coins are nice to find the effort for return is poor. I think the algoforce might ping jewellery better than the VLF as it’s a specific gold machine.
back to the goldfields, keen to see how the iron targets look in numbers, if you can pick most of them then old timers workings might be a chance. Especially the rivers (dry) that are literally full of rusted bits of bully beef tins. 

Don’t get your hopes up too high on its ability to tell you what metal is under the coil as the target “I D” does not discriminate between ferrous and nonferrous. The higher the number the higher the conductivity of the metal. So it is really identifying whether you have large or small gold or large or small iron in the ground. Practice and knowing what numbers relate to what you dig and the variations in shape ect of those targets will all help. Unfortunately it won’t tell you “dig me, I’m gold”.

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Fair enough, I guess that was a bit hopeful. I should be able to weed out lead shot as it’s usually the same size and shape. Cross fingers.. 

• Like 2

yes, it can help with lead shot, for that very reason.  As long as the gold in the area gives a better response than a little lead pellet you'll know the difference as it will number higher  You will miss gold that reports the same as the lead shot though, although that's very small gold.

• Like 1