New Algoforce Firmware 1.0.9

Great news, there is new firmware for the Algoforce, more user requested upgrades, probably these are more associated with those using it for coin and jewellery beach and park hunting than gold prospecting, but this is an untapped area for many with PI detectors, and having one with Target ID's is a pretty cool feature.  I can't remember exactly but I think it was @palzynski suggested this would be a good idea, so I communicated that to Algoforce.

Here is a changelog of the new firmware over 1.0.8

Release Notes for AlgoForce E1500 Software v1.0.9 

NOTICE - Latest software V1.0.9 was formally released on 08/04/2024.

Software version 1.0.9 was released on 08/04/2024, introducing two additional audio settings within the pinpoint (non-motion) mode: C.ID 5 Tones and C.ID 100 Tones. The original pinpoint audio setting is named C.ID Pinpoint, with 'C.ID' standing for Conductivity Target ID. Users can seamlessly switch between audio settings by briefly pressing the Right/Auto GB button while in pinpoint mode.

C.ID Pinpoint:

As in previous software releases, in C.ID Pinpoint audio setting, audio pitch correlates with signal strength, with higher pitches indicating stronger signals. Tailored for precise pinpointing of target locations.

C.ID 5 Tones:

Audio pitch is determined by conductivity target ID, providing distinct audio feedback for different target ranges. Conductivity target ID ranges 0-19, 20-39, 40-59, 60-79, and 80-99 correspond to audio pitches of 330Hz, 490Hz, 650Hz, 810Hz, and 970Hz, respectively.

C.ID 100 Tones:

Each conductivity target ID is associated with a unique audio pitch ranging from 250Hz to 1042Hz. Higher conductivity target IDs produce higher audio pitches, facilitating differentiation of targets.

In C.ID Pinpoint audio setting, users retain the ability to adjust the audio threshold through the Threshold setting, consistent with previous software releases. In both C.ID 5 Tones audio setting and C.ID 100 Tones audio setting, the audio threshold is fixed at zero. This ensures ease of differentiation between conductivity target IDs solely based on unique audio pitches, eliminating potential confusion with the audio threshold.

These enhancements aim to provide users with greater flexibility and improved target identification capabilities.

There is also a new manual to allow for the changes which is available here

And the firmware and flash tool on the Algoforce website here

I must say the update works great; I've been playing with it for a bit.

If anyone's worried about doing the update, I do it in this video and show how easy it is 

• The title was changed to New Algoforce Firmware 1.0.9

Keeps getting better 😎