What Are The Differences Between Ws5 Vs Wsaii-xl Wireless Headphones Besides Price?

I'm looking to buy a pair of great sounding wireless headphones.  Something close to my water hunting Aqua-Teks would be great.

UPDATE:  I found the WS5 are a stand alone interface with the coils where the WSAII-XL requires the remote or "puck"

WS5 works with Deus 1. They don’t work with Deus 2

WSAll-XL works with Deus 2. They don’t work with Deus 1.

3 hours ago, Ferrous Grump said:

I'm looking to buy a pair of great sounding wireless headphones.  Something close to my water hunting Aqua-Teks would be great.

UPDATE:  I found the WS5 are a stand alone interface with the coils where the WSAII-XL requires the remote or "puck"

For Deus 2 there are three basic wireless headphone options:

1) WS6 - backphones (allow you to wear a hat/glasses easily, but not everyone finds them comfortable. Only slightly rain-proof, lightweight and comfortable in warmer weather. A certain amount of sound can get round these phones in both directions - useful if situational awareness is helpful e.g. in a park. The 'puck' is detachable and is all you need, besides a coil and shaft, to create a functioning Deus 2. An adapter can easily be attached to the puck to allow use of wired phones/plugs of your choice.

2) WSA2 - exactly like the WS6 but 'dumb' wireless phones. Cannot be used to create a full detector without either a WS6 puck or a Deus 2 Remote.

3) WSA2XL - The same functions as the WSA2 but fully rain/puddle proof. Over ear conventional design, comfortable in cold or where there is a lot of external noise. Arguably provide best quality audio.

For fully submersible phones, they need to be plugged into the Deus 2 Remote. XP offer bone conduction headphones. Conventional over ear phones are available from Gray Ghost and Thresher, among others - these options mostly use piezo transducers to provide the submersible features.

Thank you for the full explanations!  

I purchased the bone conduction headphones and found my head is too big for the and I never came close to understanding its full potential.  I went with aftermarket headphones for my water hunts.  I just ordered the WSA2CL today to use on land and very shallow water.