Garrett Vortex Intro 1.5 Hours Long?

At least that’s what it says at the sign up page, Runtime 1h 30m. With that much time there is hope we really will learn a lot about the Vortex, and better yet maybe there really is a lot for Steve & Steve to talk about. I admit I’m curious as I actually think this is one of the most important release announcements in Garrett’s history. The AT Max is not a bad detector, but you could almost hear the collective disappointment when it came out. Fans really were looking for a new flagship multi. Then came Apex, and again, not the high end machine people are expecting from a company as old and established as Garrett. Third time is a charm I guess but after all this buildup they better deliver this time. Third time at bat Garrett, time for a home run. Less than 37 hours away. I have to think a YouTube copy will be posted immediately after the presentation for those that miss the live stream. I guess they hooked me though since I did register and will be watching.

Garrett Vortex Latest News

Experience the Vortex - Streaming on Jun 18 · 8:00 AM (Reno, NV) · Runtime: 1h 30m

Join us on June 18th for another exciting announcement from Garrett Metal Detectors! CEO Steve Novakovich and Marketing Director Steve Moore will guide you through this interactive event. Be sure to enter our contest for the chance to win a free detector too! Details are in the registration form!

garrett-vortex-metal-detector-live-stream-event.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Based solely on the imagery, it just looks like a really unsafe detector.  Pick your adventure: death by tsunami drowning, death by tornado blunt force trauma, or death by lightning electrocution.

• Haha 4

Geez probably will have to catch that after it's over. Going to be hard for me to dedicate 1.5 hours on a Tuesday morning. I'm really hoping Garrett hits a home run on this one.

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Experience the Vortex - Streaming on Jun 18 · 8:00 AM

Steve.....8 am ??

It was 11pm "Garrett" time ?

*** Ok...the invite has the correct time and not the Garrett Vortex landing page ***

What I posted is the livesteam page I'm looking at, it's a screenshot. Looks like it corrects for local time so that would be Reno, NV time. I added a note on my original post noting Reno time. Actually will be at 10am "Garrett time" in Garland Texas, two hours different than me, so 8am here. Here are other times from Garrett's Facebook page:

garrett-vortex-intro-dallas-time.jpg
garrett-vortex-intro-sydney-time.jpg
garrett-vortex-intro-london-time.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well I'm feeling pretty stoooopid.....that time of 11pm shown when I first looked was my local time 😬

2 hours ago, longbow62 said:

I wonder what this MD-MF is all about?

Garrett is so ecstatic you are asking that question so that they can tell you to tune in live on Tuesday at 10am CDT to find out. :smile:

• Like 1