Minelab Manticore Hardware Version

Under General Settings and the Software Version you will also see the Hardware Version listed. Mine is Hardware Version 21 - anyone see anything different?

I'm not saying a higher number is better as I don't know what this really means. Maybe different countries have different hardware versions for some reason? But if we all have 21 then it's moot. I thought it was interesting though as usually something like hardware changes, more common than people think, are kept secret. Otherwise people tend to go nuts over it.

The Gold Bug 2 for example has had many hardware changes from early days until now due to changing parts availability.

I had a panic when I first saw that thinking because I was an early adopter, I probably had a version they've now changed with revisions since it hit the public and the bugs show their little ugly faces, it appears the version has yet to change as new ones still have the same number so that calmed me down 🙂

It is abnormal they would let you see that information if they were doing hardware changes over time though, you'd normally see that in a secret diagnostic menu that requires a certain combination of button presses or connection to certain software via USB to see, which the detector probably also has.

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So yours is a 21 Simon? Mine is not the latest from the factory, more like a last fall model.

One of the first cabs off the rank when the Manticore wasn't even available in the US I believe.

manticoreversion.thumb.jpg.edd0e78c16d501cafd0c1ff8a79f541c.jpg

Makes me realize how bad I am at putting on screen protectors. 😛

Mine was purchased Dec 9th 2022...it same hardware version Steve...I still need to do the up date just so I can  try it out...sorry for the dirty screen 🙂

strick

thumbnail (30).jpeg

Just bought mine last week with the sale price…same hardware:

IMG_20240426_233846236_HDR.thumb.jpeg.aeb28175b8f6e1076009a53eeb41555a.jpeg