Short Hunt A Bit Ago Against The Odds

I have days like that too. In fact I had a similar type hunt on Sunday at the local high school.  Kept digging those 60s targets (D2) hoping for a ring but just getting pull tabs.  Also dug quite a few mid 80s hoping for a big class ring, but only getting fresh zincolns.  It’s still fun to get out though.  

• Like 4

Those $1 USA brass coins are always a surprise find for me, although not as big of a surprise as a half dollar in my case.  I've still yet to recover a Susan B. Anthony (clad) dollar.

I tend to be more open-minded at the beginning of a hunt, meaning I'll dig targets which tend to be out of my 'favorites' regions (coin TID's) and then get pickier as the day progresses.  This definitely has to do with fatigue, back pain, etc.  The worst thing that can happen (short of injury, of course) is the loss of concentration that can occur later in a hunt.  When that happens to me I take a rest break (5 minutes or so) and if it continues I just pack it in.  Paying attention to all the subtle hints is what brings in the tougher finds in many cases and concentration is required for that.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 2:05 AM, RobNC said:

.... At about the 2 hour mark it wanes a bit and the arm gets to hurting, but I've pushed it pretty hard the past few hunts and extending out the hunt time. Tendonitis sucks. ...

Congrats nice finds ... 

Concerning the tendonitis it might come from a too heavy detector . I say this because me and my cousin have had this issue a few years ago . My cousin was close to stop the hobby because of the elbow pain . We have both solved the pb after changing to a lighter detector.

• Like 1