Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Why Do You Want An Equinox?

Cabo Chris

Why do you want an Equinox?

I want a VLF detector that can hunt black sand saltwater beaches in the morning, and sniff out gold nuggets in the afternoon. Throw in some jewelry hunting at the river swimming holes and relic hunting at old mining camps, and the Equinox seems to be the answer.

I've already sold:

Fisher CZ3D, Minelab Safari, Nokta Fores Core, Whites MX Sport. 

Keeping:

Garrett Infinium, Minelab CTX (Maybe)

On 12/21/2017 at 2:25 PM, Cabo Chris said:

should the Equinox prove to meet my expectations in the field, I would be so willing to let many detectors go.

Me too! 

I need to replace my Explorer's . I will keep the ET but my back and shoulders are wearing out and its time for a lightweight machine that does the ET thing . I also want a machine for land so if for any reason its not that good on salt i will use it there . 

If i like the Equinox i will buy another as backup later in the year but that depends on finds to pay for it.

I will be buying a Terra 705 too for the dry beach during the Summer searches when i search all night , might be old now but what a coin hoover.

While I am interested in seeing how this new machine works out it is highly unlikely I will be rushing out to buy one. Is that to say I never will?.... No. Just I am in no hurry.

I am very happy with my V3i. It does all the things I require and I am quite used to it now after 5 years of use. Is it the best machine on the market? Probably not, but I have found some really nice stuff and I am never outgunned.

In the meantime I will wait without speculation and fanfare, I hope it turns out to be all that you guys are hoping for.

Happy hunting ..... I will be watching.