Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Calm Before The Storm

5 minutes ago, tsunamiscott said:

Nuke em, It sounds like you need a M&P 9, or at least a can of police-strength pepper spray, for the yobs on the beaches you hunt.:biggrin:

Here in Northern California the only harassment I get is from the surfers.  They always yell, "what are you looking for? We don't have any money to lose!"   I think they're right, I've never found enough on the beaches around here to cover the cost of a Go-Find 20 :laugh:.

Not allowed to carry anything for self defence here . Though my 3 pronged fork i use to dig the dry is enough to a point !!

Why dont you find money ? Since i started in 2010 on the beaches i have found just past 20 k in coinage , cant imagine how heavy that would be ? and i'm not the only one that finds lot of coinage .

Its getting harder these days because of cashless society and parking charges putting people off coming or other things like this years bad weather during the better months . There is absolutely shed loads of coinage still on the beaches here , its to deep under stones and sand to get too though . And there must be loads of Gold / Platinum and Silver too plus all the older Imperial coinage . But it would take a awful big storm to shift the beach and i think it would take the Country out . Urrrm !! Sorry just the dark side lurking :wink:.

47 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

Why dont you find money ?

...I do, I was mostly kidding.  When I hunt the ocean beaches here, my main focus is on recovering items lost from the 1964 Good Friday tsunami that wiped out most of the town and harbor.  I use aerial photos from the 1940's, and photos of the aftermath, to try and figure out where the good stuff is deposited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fredmason said:

is that the msrp for the 600 Equinox?  

The Equinox 600 is selling for $649 and the Equinox 800 for $899 in the U.S.

These would be what is called Minimum Advertised Price, or MAP. The Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is a fake number. It sets an artificially high price in the U.S. for the sole purpose of making you think you are getting a deal when you pay less. Which everyone does since MAP is always what things advertise for these days.

MSRP pricing is actually illegal in some countries, and most foreign companies find having to play that game in the U.S. to be annoying at best. It is one of those “everyone else does it so we have to do it also” things. There is actually an MSRP for the Equinox detectors, but in a sign that sanity may prevail someday I see most advertisers are not even bothering to display it any longer.

What is interesting to me is that Minelab just released new Go-Find models. Despite rumors to the contrary the Go-Find series is now Minelab’s best selling model by unit sales. Brand new Go-Find models on the low end and Equinox higher up leaves X-Terra in the middle in a price squeeze. Rather than being discontinued, X-Terra now provides an important price bridge between Go-Find and Equinox.

Current Minelab MAP - Models under $1K (United States)

Go-Find 22 $149

Go-Find 44 $199

Go-Find 66 $249

X-Terra 305 $259

X-Terra 505 $349

X-Terra 705 $499

Equinox 600 $649

Equinox 800 $899

• Like 2

All the prices have come down sharply but only recently, and other manufacturers are doing the same. Right now top of the line VLF detectors can be had here for $499 new with full warranty. Great times for buyers but anyone sitting on used detectors hoping to sell them someday is watching the value go down by the day.

I do see some used detectors going for way more than they should, and I think it is because people have not quite caught up to how fast the price of new models is plummeting.

• Like 2

I can see the Deus taking a right dive when the Equinox comes. The French will have to rename it the Stuka .

Have you seen a site on the net called Wish.com ? Blimey i cant believe the prices of Fishers on there . Either they are Chinese copies or they have no warranty or something ?

You may have to join the site to see the sales.