Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Another Equinox VDI Chart...

steveg

martygene -- I believe you are asking for Cal Cobra's cheat sheet, yes?

Steve

4 hours ago, steveg said:

OK, let's try it, Brian...

...HUH!  Looks like it worked!

Thanks for the tip!  Here you go...

Steve

EquinoxVDI.xlsx

Worked perfect, thank you Steve!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Drag and drop works with photos also.

Steve the forum software you selected for your site is the best out there, hands down!  Easy to use, easy to post pics, youtube, and apparently MS Office files - lol

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martygene said:

will you post the updated cheat sheet or us too? i know i'll need it as i am blessed with great forgetfullness. 

If your asking me, I certainly will, it's pretty rough right now.  My EQ800 is supposed to land today so I'm working on a double sidded cheat sheet I can fold up and carry in my pocket, or pouch for a while until I get my feet wet on the EQ.  I remember in the old days the Etrac came with a little laminated fold-up cheat sheet from the factory, that was a nice touch.

• Like 1

I rearranged the chart and used the same values. I laminated it and put it in my finds pouch. I found the numbers to be mostly correct in my front yard. I can’t exactly remember which were off for me but they were all within 1. No silver yet to report on. I’ve pulled one 1914 dime out of my yard in the past but none yesterday.

It was nice to check the sheet and guess what I would pull out of the ground. I need more time but in 45 minutes I pulled 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, 3 Lincoln Cu, 3 Lincoln Zn, 1 oval-smooth glass “stone” set like a jewel and a smooth rusted chunk of iron at 11” that rang a solid 26 from all angles. I have been over my small front yard more times than I can count and the clad I found has been there a while—pretty impressive I ran Park 1 and Park 2 factory settings + noise cancel. Park 2 was really chatty, it took a while to get used to all the noise.

My rearranged chart:

eqx vdi.xlsx

• Like 1

OK, a follow-up video, this time the same testing, but also including running the ring in Park 1 with NO discrimination.  This reveals that the ring is being seen, when on-edge, largely as "iron" by the machine.  

I also ran the on-edge ring in Park 2 mode, with only marginally better results.

Interesting how the machine deals with this target.

For what it's worth -- while I will not include the link here, I also ran the same ring in the same hole using the CTX 3030.  That video is also up on my channel, if interested.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...