Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox Issue With 2 Euro Coin & Trash Overlapping?

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

with that , all your euros coins have the same sound . Include the 2 euros.  

the pulltab have different sound

I am pretty sure that won't work for round pulltabs.

Some square ones come in at 13/14, but the older ones do at 15/16/17. No chance with tone break there.. imho

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

For the caps beer,  it's easy To ear. There are 3 know method. 

This settings work Well in beach, i dont try in other mode.  Test it. 

The problem in beach,  a gold ring can be in the pulltab id.  So ....

I do not want to hear bottletops at all - that would be perfekt :happy: - my fisher does better in this regard by at least factor 100.

Pulltab = ring has always been - no complaint there.. but pulltab = 2€ => pita

6 hours ago, Ringmoney said:

We wont give up, we will put the nox through its paces and if it can be done it will be done

Keep us updated - I'll try to fiddle a bit with the modes, too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Je suis sûr que ça ne marchera pas pour les pulltabs ronds.

Certains carrés arrivent à 13/14, mais les plus anciens le 15/16/17. Aucune chance avec le ton de pause là-bas .. imho

Je ne veux absolument pas entendre parler de bottletops - ce serait parfait :happy:- mon pêcheur fait mieux à cet égard au moins 100.

Pulltab = anneau a toujours été - pas de plainte là-bas .. mais pulltab = 2 € => pita

Tenez-nous au courant - Je vais essayer de jouer un peu avec les modes, aussi.

Yes the old pulltab are more high in ID , but honnestly there are not a problem . I dig more than 50 new pulltab in a hunt , only 1 or 2 old .

Rembember this guy want hunt festival , probably with the new pulltab . 

Anyway i dont understand his problem , Personnaly if i want hunt only euros coins, (we dont want the brown cents) , so  i dig all 15 to 23 and that's all . 

Ringmoney , do you hunt your festival for the gold too ? 

Just now, vive equinox said:

Yes the old pulltab are more high in ID , but honnestly there are not a problem . I dig more than 50 new pulltab in a hunt , only 1 or 2 old .

Rembember this guy want hunt festival , probably with the new pulltab . 

Anyway i dont understand his problem , Personnaly if i want hunt only euros coins, (we dont want the brown cents) , so  i dig all 15 to 23 and that's all . 

Ringmoney , do you hunt your festival for the gold too ? 

Yes you are correct, its a modern festival site so there are only modern square tabs on there. I have done over 1000 hours on there and only ever found 2 gold rings. I used to dig everything above and below the square tab, but I gave up digging the lower signals now. Its just not worth it. I have found 100's of silver rings etc but only the 2 gold rings, young people just don't ware gold,

Yes most square tabs are 13/14 but a high percentage are 15/16 which is the problem.

4 hours ago, niceguyfrankie said:

I found £1 = 22 and £2 = 23 nice higher numbers so I know it should be a good find, however I understand about the old ring tabs coming in at 14 which is 9ct gold as well but its a learning curve ill have to get used to I guess.

I have found £ coins at 21 to 23 . Ringmoney is right , most good beach targets are in a small area on the screen . Makes setting tones a pain . I now wont use my Equinox on the dry but only on the tidal parts of the beach where good targets are more likely than not . The tops "dry" are for the Terra 705 and the very wet the ET / Explorer and Nox .

I will still be getting my second Nox though . But the reasons aren't very positive really . 

Battery only 12 hours max "searches more than that in Summer nights " , spare stem and coil , basically a spare machine .

The only really positive reason is the weight . 

• Like 1

Been on the trash infested beach again today.

Some modern pulltabs do ring up at 16.

I've made a super-short video:

Today I've found 4 different types of square pulltabs within 2h:

8BA52DC3-860A-4DBB-888D-8992B814AC97_zps

They do suck bigtime!

ps:  Found no 2€ coin today, but 4x 1€ - NOXi seems to love 'em

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Been on the trash infested beach again today.

Some modern pulltabs do ring up at 16.

I've made a super-short video:

Today I've found 4 different types of square pulltabs within 2h:

8BA52DC3-860A-4DBB-888D-8992B814AC97_zps

They do suck bigtime!

ps:  Found no 2€ coin today, but 4x 1€ - NOXi seems to love 'em

That is just mental torture looking at that and to think I have tens of 1000's of those on my site, let alone the crown caps :sad:

I would suggest you not pay too much attention to the adverse views of the Equinox on the Facebook site, there are a lot of nay-sayers that seem to congregate there.  

My very first use of the Equinox and very first time I found a solid tone was a 13 - us nickel.  The second find a little over a foot away was a nickel that kept fluctuating at 13 and 15 no matter which way I swept it.   It turned out to be a bent pulltab and nickel right next to each other maybe 5 inches down.  The third find was a modernish penny. 19/20 fluctuating but I didn't find anything near to it.  Field 2 but I had the sensitivity one click up from default, maybe 22 not sure.  When am I suppose to find a bunch of junk exactly?  This thing is crazy good.  Come back to me sunny weather!

I've played a bit with the modes, some pulltabs and some € coins today.

The only way to get rid of the pulltabs, if you are all about coinshooting, seems to be running the NOX on the lower frequencies in single mode.

At 5 kHz in Park1 f.e. the 2€ coin moves up to ID 21, while the pulltab stays at 16. I didn't measure - but by the feels of it, you loose a good bit of depth in single mode, plus all € coins will be squeezed in a small ID range from maybe 20-23 - I didn't take exact notes.

With higher frequencies, the ID of the 2€ coin drops step by step, so MF probably always tends to use the IDs of the higher frequencies.

Iron bias and recovery speed didn't change anything.

Some old german DM coins also settle in the pulltab-range..

• Like 1