Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox Is Multi Frequency? Or Isn't It? Is It Not? It Is! Isn't It?

Alluminati

18 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Equinox .. : Patent :US7432715 , US7579839....Minelab says in the patent that Tx emits from 2.5kHz-80khz - but the RX side receives frequencies from 5khz to 40khz and all over 40khz is filtered ...

A few days ago I made measurements and compared all Equinox programs on Old 1.5.0 and New 1.7.5. Firmware, So soon to publish it ...I have also scanned the frequency of 5,10,15,20,40kHz ....

With patents, the game is usually to "stake" as much territory as you can by making the claims as broad as can be successfully prosecuted. That is, while gadget may faithfully represent the patented invention reduced to practice, that does not mean that the gadget embodies the full extent of the patented invention and claims. Here, it seems as though the "multifrequency" claims of patent US7432715B2  would apply to use of two or more frequencies: "In one embodiment, the metal detector generates two or more frequencies sufficiently different of each other so that effective ground rejection and target discrimination/identification become possible (multiple frequency metal detector)." 

• Like 1

For comparison, I take measurements from the Whites Spectra V3 Detector:

Spectra V3: 3F -multi -TX normal..

spectra v3 normal.PNG

Spectra V3:  3F-multi- TX bost ON...

spectra V3 bost.PNG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

MarkG has done very good work ....for what I also want to thank 

• Like 1

Mark did a fabulous job. Since I am not worried about the frequency stuff what I learned is that the Noise Cancel numbers do exactly the opposite of what I would have assumed. Pushing noise cancel numbers lower pushes the frequency higher. Usually these shifts are trivial to performance, but in a “no-EMI” location you could set the Noise Cancel as low as possible to optimize a high frequency like 40 kHz and as high as possible to optimize the single low frequency options like 5 kHz. I doubt there is a measurable effect on performance but it might lend a psychological boost that does help at times.

• Like 4