Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Have Any Of You Altered Your Equinox Rod?

Bayard

We have spoken about it several times. I'd like the handle to hang from my fingers rather than than to hold the handle, fist under the control box.

I have strapped the rod to my wrist and that helps as I can pretty much let go of my hand gripping the handle of the Nox. for short periods of time.

As I said before, it's like carrying a bucket of water by the bail, it hanging on ones fingers rather than by a handle on the side of the bucket. The weight being all on the wrist as opposed to hanging on the hand/fingers.

g

Gw -- so how does that differ from a perfectly balanced straight shaft?  When balanced properly, you can literally grip the machine's handle with your thumb and index finger, and with NO exertion of your wrist whatsoever, the machine sits in natural "detecting position..."

Steve

Gw -- so, you say it can be "anywhere," but with anywhere meaning as long as it is on the bottom of the shaft, not the top.

So, I would then ask "what about seeing the screen," but my guess is that you would say you don't use/need a screen, and hunt exclusively by ear?  And my guess is that you have "hip-mounted" or "chest-mounted" machines in the past?

Steve

• Like 1

Had no problem using the Whites meter.  But no, a screen is not a must but controls are. This is something that should have been addressed at the factory as the way things are situated now to re-engineer would be pointless. 

If I had a J shaped rod I think I could attach the Nox control unit as a extension of the J.