The White's TDI SL metal detector was introduced in 2011 and is still in production. It is a pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at relics, gold prospecting, and beach detecting.
"The TDI SL provide serious detectorists with affordable pulse power. Initially developed to meet the demands of gold prospectors searching for extremely small and deep nuggets, the TDI has evolved into a detector that has proven itself as an effective detector for relic hunting, beach hunting and, under the right conditions, even coin hunting. Many of the surface relics and nuggets have been found out there, leaving a layer of even more valuable treasures that other detectors couldn’t reach. That’s where the TDI’s pulse technology comes in. This is one deep-seeking unit - especially in the harsh grounds - where other detectors just can’t compete." Source: White's 2018 catalog
White's TDI SL metal detector
White's TDI SL control panel
- FULL-CONTROL GROUND BALANCE - Quickly balance out the iron mineralization of hot rocks, black sand and other tough grounds
- ADJUSTABLE PULSE DELAY - Settings from 10 microseconds (best for finding gold nuggets) to 25 microseconds (for relic, coin and beach hunting)
- VARIABLE AUDIO - Select with Ground Balance “ON”.
- 3-WAY TARGET CONDUCTIVITY SELECTOR - Allows variable audio to hear either only low conductive targets like most gold nuggets, or high-conductive targets like silver coins and large relics, or both. Unique ability to aid in identifying trash
- THRESHOLD CONTROL - Accurately adjust the audio to hear the smaller, deeper signals
- FREQUENCY CONTROL - Adjustable for hunting near power lines, microwave or other interference
- GAIN CONTROL - Maximizes sensitivity and depth
- BATTERY L.E.D. INDICATOR LIGHT
- NIMH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK - Up to 6 hours of hunting. Backup “AA” pack included.
- WATERPROOF 12” SPIDER search coil
- TWO-YEAR Parts and Labor Warranty
Edited by Steve Herschbach