Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Nuggeteer Anti Inteference 12 X 4 On Tdi Pro

karelian

On 1/13/2020 at 3:10 PM, karelian said:

Sadly Pm Coils is out of the game, for a while they made a Scarab 18 x 14, Nuggeteer 18 x 6 in mono and AI, 12 x 4 mono and AI. There was also an 18 Tarantula, it's in the photo, two coils shown with funny shape.  Jimmy's T-foot as an 18 x 5.5 duel field would be the ideal beach coil. Don't know how many Razorback Beach Hog's were made,  a real beach sweeper.  Only rarely spot Nuggeteer coils on the local Australian classifieds, very reasonably priced compared to the 'bigfoot' coils I sometimes see advertised in the USA. Paid $60 for the 12 x 4 AI and $175 delivered, for the 18 x 6 mono. (Australian dollar roughly US 70 cents.)  I'm interested in how the big 18 x 6 mono balances on either the Pro or SL, it was classed as a 'patch finder' coil.

These coils seem well put together, quality feel and solid. The coil cable is quality, also durable and the coil cover fits well. The Nuggeteer GPX coils already used Litz wire, so I'm looking forward to testing that 18 x 6.  A bit wider than the genuine  'bigfoot' but the same length so on a pulse machine depth should be interesting. 

Karelian

table of coils nuggeteer.jpg

All those coils shown are field test prototypes using Bill Hayes shells. The Tarantula coil was a big red/orange colored 18" round in both mono and dual loop types. Those guys did a heap of experimentation with various designs incl the spiral mono, concentric, stacked-cone mono and co-planar ideas years before anyone else, from a garage in Mt Gambier. Their AI designs are killer on the salt lakes in SA/WA and the Scarab AI punched deeper than any Coiltek AI I ever owned & used on my 2000 or 4500. The 12x4 AI is incredibly sensitive to tiny gold on a 5000 too.

Nuggeteer 18 x 4 mono has arrived, I'll give it a good run to see how it performs. I am hoping to add it to my favourite beach coils, the Jimmy Sierra Digger 14 x 8 mono by Miner John and the 12 duel field from Whites.  Ground coverage will be good, weight is just over a kilogram at 1014 grams so should balance well.  Interesting to see how it performs in regards to depth and also when using the TDI machines limited ability to tune out small iron. I am happy to just  tune out fish hooks and hair pins and dig everything else.... Karelian

IMG_1671_edited.jpg

IMG_1672_edited.jpg