Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

On 6/6/2020 at 7:14 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

Platypus Coiltek is another option but seems to be rare and discontinued

I found quite a few with a simple Google search. Seven available here. If I was doing this project I think I would get one of these. Epoxy filled 8” x 12” center mount, what’s not to like? Being a Minelab coil the coil ears might need to be shimmed and drilled for the White’s bolt, or just switch to a Minelab lower rod.

9C94337D-8072-419C-A032-E0F8E8C4B5CE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I found quite a few with a simple Google search. Seven available here. If I was doing this project I think I would get one of these. Epoxy filled 8” x 12” center mount, what’s not to like? Being a Minelab coil the coil ears might need to be shimmed and drilled for the White’s bolt, or just switch to a Minelab lower rod.

9C94337D-8072-419C-A032-E0F8E8C4B5CE.jpeg

I'll try to obtain one at a good price here in Italy...And hopefully this will be less noisy than the dual field...

I just hope the connector work will not affect too much the right coil operation. 

I have used Minelab coils on the TDI and I found using a Minelab lower rod to be the easiest solution. I do like that the whites bolt is larger, as the Minelab bolts are marginal and tend to deform with use. I never actually broke one though. Still, I would have extra bolts in hand in the field if you go that route. The Whites rod where it meets the coil is too narrow by quite a bit and the bolt itself is over twice as thick. I drilled and shimmed on Minelab coil to work once, and it did, but went to using Minelab lower rods after that. The lock pin on the Minelab rod is single pin on bottom of rod. You have to rely on the twist lock mechanism alone to position the rod. Or install your own pair of side pins.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have used Minelab coils on the TDI and I found using a Minelab lower rod to be the easiest solution. I do like that the whites bolt is larger, as the Minelab bolts are marginal and tend to deform with use. I never actually broke one though. Still, I would have extra bolts in hand in the field if you go that route. The Whites rod where it meets the coil is too narrow by quite a bit and the bolt itself is over twice as thick. I drilled and shimmed on Minelab coil to work once, and it did, but went to using Minelab lower rods after that. The lock pin on the Minelab rod is single pin on bottom of rod. You have to rely on the twist lock mechanism alone to position the rod. Or install your own pair of side pins.

I'll do the same thing to suit a Minelab coil on the TDI rod..

Usually I prefer to have a lower shaft for each coil I use, rather than change coils on the same shaft...On the Ctx, little modification to use Coiltek stuff costed me a lot, destroyed the carbon original one?.

Now I have another new one and don't cut it to let the cable naturally positioned, but I use it in the opposite sense both rod and coil?

IMG_20200607_205316.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luis said:

I have a practically new platypus used only once, but it's double d. if you are interested

20191227_125209.jpg

20191227_125258.jpg

20191227_125216.jpg

Thanks....immensely...But I need it Mono?

• Like 1

If you really want to do this, Serious Detecting has one for 10% off...

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/coiltek-12-x-8-platypus-mono-300x220mm-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-series-detectors/

Ewout Kozel, the owner, used to work for Minelab. Really nice guy, met him years ago at a convention. Contact him and ask if he will ship to you in Italy, tell him I sent you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you really want to do this, Serious Detecting has one for 10% off...

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/coiltek-12-x-8-platypus-mono-300x220mm-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-series-detectors/

Ewout Kozel, the owner, used to work for Minelab. Really nice guy, met him years ago at a convention. Contact him and ask if he will ship to you in Italy, tell him I sent you.

I can't add more reactions for today???

Thanks Steve! I'll contact Immediately to arrange the deal!