Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Digging For Gold With No Pick. We've All Done It, Right?

I think I've lost just about everything except the detector...carry about 7 of those little plastic scoops in the truck...there are two guys in this thred that have found stuff I've left...Clark (1515Art) thanks for finding my plastic scoop it was green and I dont know how you seen it...and Klunker thanks for retrieving my shovel, rake and pick that time.... I was 100 miles away before I realized I'd left them at that secret spot...another of my favorite picks (hodan with long handle) fell off the back of my buddies ATV somewhere I have no idea as we covered lots of ground that day...Nice Gold Gerry

strick 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that I've also somehow managed to lose a rake over near Helena and have been back a couple times since hunting and also trying to find that rake.... GONE....lol

Couple weeks ago I'd found a 12 grammer and a couple tiddlers.  I decided it was about lunch time and also time to admire the big 12 grammer.  So while I'm eating a sandwich and looking into my vile at the 12'er I notice a small piece of wood or brush along with my gold in the vile so I blow out the debris, finish my sandwich and proceed to hunt some more.  10-15 min later I find another tiddler and reach for the vile and it's gone!!!  I panic as it's got the 12'er in there...but I think it's most likely where I sat down to eat?  Anyways...I go back to the spot and look around for a few and finally spot some cracked plastic in the brushy dirt....MY VILE!!!!  I'd managed to apparently step on it, cracked it, and ground it into the dirt BUT it didn't completely break and my booty was all in there.  That was a close one......

• Like 1

Perhaps Mr. H. should have a Lost and Found section where you could post things like

"Lost . Old black prospecting Jeep. Lost somewhere in the Northern Sierra Nevada mountains. Please return to Klunker."

Or

"Found peanut butter jar full of large gold nuggets PM Klunker, care of this forum."

As we all get older this might be a big hit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, klunker said:

Perhaps Mr. H. should have a Lost and Found section where you could post things like

"Found peanut butter jar full of large gold nuggets PM Klunker, care of this forum."

LOL....yeah, like someone is gonna return a peanut butter jar full of big nuggets....lmao!!!!