Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

How Bad Is Minelab Customer Service?

On 5/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, Edward78208 said:

Was operating for the first time in a creek bed with running water 12 inches deep with my Minelab Equinox 600 and my new 800 when we had a problem.

As soon as the control head on the 600 got wet it shut down and would not operate.

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

So here is my temporary solution and I can't do this every time someone has an issue. Edward,  give me a call, Gerry's Detectors in Boise, Idaho 208-345-8898 and I can get a loaner coil sent out to you today (if you are in the United States).

Gerry - awesome offer but his problem appears to be a drowned control head, not a bad coil, unless I am missing something.

• Like 2

Hopefully just a temporary hiccup! I've used the Alum Bank Repair center five times in the last year and a half, and they have been nearly perfect in their responses!, and repair/testing/replacements for me! And I'm just an average Joe!!??

• Like 2

Maybe they were getting so many calls containing "...where the hell are the GPX6000's?!?!?!" that they decided to quit anwering the phone until those arrive in the USA.  OTOH, why didn't they just block Gerry's cellphone number?  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5