Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

22 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

July 6   2002     Part Four

The three goons slowly made their way to the bottom of the mountain where the trommel sat. Sure enough, after they thought the coast was clear, they made their way to the sluice with a few large buckets. They began trying to unfasten the mats. Obviously, they were going to put the mats in their buckets and haul them off. To Jacob’t credit, he had not fired a single shot. I knew it must be killing him not to open up on them.

As they started to pull the first mat I charged in with my semi auto and hollered for them to freeze and not make any moves. Jacob stood up with the Thompson. I told them if they moved they would be cut to ribbons by his machine gun. Only one of them was armed with a pistol which he dropped. I ordered them to their knees. 

Jacob came forward with his Thompson and held it on them. I demanded to know their names but they weren’t talking. I asked them several times to identify themselves but they refused. They had no wallets or I D on them. We had no idea who they were. Then Jacob spoke up. He said it really made no difference to him who these guys were and he would deal with them in his own way. I looked over at him and his face was like stone. 

He went over to one side of the trommel where we kept some supplies and grabbed three shovels. He marched the thieves over to an area south of camp which was a deep pile of very old mine tailings from previous years of work here. He threw the shovels on the ground and told them to pick them up, which they reluctantly did. They had still not uttered a word but I could see them looking nervously at each other. Jacob told them to start digging a hole and if they stopped he would cut them down where they stood. I was horrified. He was forcing them to dig their own graves.

TO BE CONTINUED .............

Well good for Jacob. Just let him handle it since nobody else can. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

The three didn't know for sure they were going to die or not. Maybe Jacob will get their names by this tactic as they get closer to a 6' deep trench! :ph34r:???

Jacob was living by his own rules. He really didn't care about laws. No outlaw does. His mind was set in concrete in the yr 1937. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

July 6   2002     Part Five

My mind was racing. Was I about to be the witness to murder? I believed Jacob’s mind was still stuck in the war out here that took place July 3 1937. For all I knew his mind was trapped there and perhaps he believed these guys were part of the gang that killed his crew back then. He was no longer rational. It seemed he had snapped and lost all sense of reality. I didn’t know what to do. I could see his face and it was like stone. If he had decided to kill these thieves there was little I could do to stop him.

The three men kept digging slowly, all the while looking at each other and trying to figure a way out for themselves. Jacob still had the Thompson pointing directly at them as they worked. One flinch from his finger on that trigger would send a deadly burst of 45 caliber bullets raining down on them. 

As the hole got to around five feet in depth Jacob told them to stop. One of the men started to climb out of the hole but he ordered him back in. Jacob coldly stated that he had enough of them and their threats as well as their sabotage. He said he was going to send them to Hell and let the Devil deal with them. Two of them began shaking and crying for mercy. The third man looked to be in shock. 

Jacob looked crazed to me now. His eyes were wide and his face was a snarl. He said he was now their judge and jury. He told them he was an outlaw that had sent men to their graves in the past. Jacob told them he would not tolerate what they had been doing here. He told them he would give them a choice on how they wanted to die. They could be shot down where they stood or be hung and left for crow bait. It was their choice and they had three minutes to decide. With that he took a few steps back to let them talk amongst themselves. The night became stone quiet.

TO BE CONTINUED ..............

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Oh my! 2

52 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

July 6   2002     Part Five

My mind was racing. Was I about to be the witness to murder? I believed Jacob’s mind was still stuck in the war out here that took place July 3 1937. For all I knew his mind was trapped there and perhaps he believed these guys were part of the gang that killed his crew back then. He was no longer rational. It seemed he had snapped and lost all sense of reality. I didn’t know what to do. I could see his face and it was like stone. If he had decided to kill these thieves there was little I could do to stop him.

The three men kept digging slowly, all the while looking at each other and trying to figure a way out for themselves. Jacob still had the Thompson pointing directly at them as they worked. One flinch from his finger on that trigger would send a deadly burst of 45 caliber bullets raining down on them. 

As the hole got to around five feet in depth Jacob told them to stop. One of the men started to climb out of the hole but he ordered him back in. Jacob coldly stated that he had enough of them and their threats as well as their sabotage. He said he was going to send them to Hell and let the Devil deal with them. Two of them began shaking and crying for mercy. The third man looked to be in shock. 

Jacob looked crazed to me now. His eyes were wide and his face was a snarl. He said he was now their judge and jury. He told them he was an outlaw that had sent men to their graves in the past. Jacob told them he would not tolerate what they had been doing here. He told them he would give them a choice on how they wanted to die. They could be shot down where they stood or be hung and left for crow bait. It was their choice and they had three minutes to decide. With that he took a few steps back to let them talk amongst themselves. The night became stone quiet.

TO BE CONTINUED ..............

You have to keep in mind that the real outlaws have brought this upon themselves. They want what you have and have been persistent in trying to steal it and have not been willing to take no for an answer.

They and they alone have put the Miner's in the uncomfortable position of having to stop them and put an end to it. You either let them have what is yours or you put a stop to it.

• Like 3