Updated To .71 Now Remote Won’t Turn On?

Naildiggerpro

I did the V 0.71 update and it all went fine. I waited until the remote restarted before unplugging the USB cable from the computer. I don't know if that matters or not, but it might.

• Like 1

My computer is 5 years old it didn’t have anything to do with the USB port I’ve updated twice before and all went fine , I see other people having the same issues now I’m just waiting to hear back from xp on what to do next I hope this doesn’t happen all the time because I really like this detector, but this is a pretty serious problem for only having it for a month oh well I guess I have the ws6 headphones to detect until it gets repaired . Good thing it comes with a 5 year warranty 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naildiggerpro said:

My computer is 5 years old it didn’t have anything to do with the USB port I’ve updated twice before and all went fine , I see other people having the same issues now I’m just waiting to hear back from xp on what to do next I hope this doesn’t happen all the time because I really like this detector, but this is a pretty serious problem for only having it for a month oh well I guess I have the ws6 headphones to detect until it gets repaired . Good thing it comes with a 5 year warranty 

I didn't think for one second that you did anything wrong with the update procedure especially use a computer with USB 1.0 ports. My apologies if you thought I did...

I hope you get it straightened out. 

I only have the WS6 since I don't really need the bigger remote. I was going to update my WS6 to .71 so I could use the live threshold in Relic and Gold Field. I think I better wait........

No I didn’t think anything bad about what you said Jeff, I wish I knew what happened so I could let everyone know what not to do, I personally think something went bad inside the remote I can hardly see anything with update doing what it did I think it’s definitely something in the electronics that just shorted out , I updated my ws6 at the same time and they work fine actually I went out and found an 1881 Indian head penny so that made me feel a little less ****** lol

• Like 2

This will sound really crazy, but mine did that and after pushing the start button hard as hell and holding, it came to life . Now it works with normal pressure on and off. Good luck to you.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:25 PM, Naildiggerpro said:

Just updated and unplugged from computer and my remote won’t turn on it was fully charged , any ideas on what to do?

Sorry to hear that....Contact your local dealer to know what to do (normally, you have to return the remote to him or to the US distributor) they will reset your remote and send it back to you.

7 hours ago, Carolina said:

This will sound really crazy, but mine did that and after pushing the start button hard as hell and holding, it came to life . Now it works with normal pressure on and off. Good luck to you.

"Hard as hell" 😓 please don't do that for the sake of your remote ! there is no pression sensitive button on the Déus II remote 😉

1 hour ago, slyworld said:

Sorry to hear that....Contact your local dealer to know what to do (normally, you have to return the remote to him or to the US distributor) they will reset your remote and send it back to you.

reset your remote? Do you mean recover the corrupted firmware?

Do you know if the flash tool reads/writes/verifies or is it just flashing and hoping for the best?

3 hours ago, slyworld said:

"Hard as hell" 😓 please don't do that for the sake of your remote ! there is no pression sensitive button on the Déus II remote 😉

Well it worked for me 6 weeks ago and been fine ever since.

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

reset your remote? Do you mean recover the corrupted firmware?

Do you know if the flash tool reads/writes/verifies or is it just flashing and hoping for the best?

Normally, to recover from this situation, you have to send your remote to your dealer/distributor to let him open the remote, disconnect and reconnect the battery in order to reset it. It's a special procedure that preserve the warranty in case of water sealing problems. So, as far as I know, it's not a firmware corrupted problem.

• Like 1