Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

"antique Detectorist" Changing Horses

First thing I would do is get shed of the Garrett. Second thing, get shed of the Whites. Then I would decide between the Nox and the Nokta Legend. In my case I would go with the Legend.

That is what I would do.

One more thing.. Just because the newer detectors have all the buttons and options doesn't necessarily mean you are required to learn them.. New detectors can be used as a turn on and go with factory presets just as easily with no adjustment required.. 

• Like 1

Of the three newer machines currently available, only the Equinox 800 has a proven effective track record in the gold fields on small nuggets. It is also an excellent all around multi-use detector and easier to use with less menus and hidden menus, etc to mess with. It's a true turn on and go machine. Steve Herschbach was a tester for the Equinox and a career nugget hunter, so I would take his assessments to heart.

If you live near a metal detector dealer, it could be worth your while to see if they have all the newer machines and give them a test run if you can, or contact a local metal detecting club if you have one and talk to the members who are usually more than happy to show you their machines. Hope that helps a bit.

I have the Equinox 800 and you can get 6x10 & 6" coil for it. It really is an incredible detector. It has 2 prospecting modes. 

Also the Garret Goldmaster 24k. Another really great detector.

• Like 2

I also have the 800 with both stock coil and the 10x5 coil.

I find it to be ready to go at any time and spot on with the finds.

I know that I can use it in and out of the water, for gold, and just to take to the park when I get a chance.

I got it from my grandfather when he passed away and can tell you that it is a great machine.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 3